Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. Never pay in full prior to inspecting the car. Otherwise you are basically accepting delivery of the vehicle blind. There's no turning back.
Unless something is changed, and this is my 4th Tesla, I've always been able to decide on acceptance even though payment was made prior, In fact, I did reject a MX in 2020...payment was returned to my CU within 7 days.

Got a text from Tesla "You can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your Model Y purchase." today. Is this a generic text? Does this mean I might get a VIN soon? Current EDD June 11-July 9 so still hoping for a 2 week window soon.

From what I've seen, it's generic. I got mine exactly 10 days before the start of my EDD. Although it didn't matter for me, it's probably best to wait to fill out that info after you receive a VIN.

I got a check from DCU in hand, will do the inspection and then hand over the check. Why dont you get the check ready and hand it over at delivery?
Well I'm financing most thru PenFed and the rest I'm putting down in cash. For some reason, my credit union does not always play well with Plaid and if I could have all my info ready to go in the app beforehand I'd do that. I just don't want to get double charged for the down payment.

Reactions: falcon01
So sorry. Hope my reality checks didn't jinx you. Tesla wants you to tap out. I am not giving them the satisfaction. Just maybe, if they figure that out, I will get my car. Try the tantrum. Might be therapeutic. Got a heavy bag? Bathroom fixtures are expensive.

I have yet to pursue my last idea to get delivery. I have tried everything else. Pretty sure it will work. Just having some difficulty getting the goat. Has to be the right goat you know...
Not your fault, and Tesla can stick it. I was gonna tap out honestly. Hoping that my self imposed time out from TMC and the Tesla App will bring better news this weekend.

Reactions: Jrhcustom91
Hoping that my self imposed time out from TMC and the Tesla App will bring better news this weekend.
Fingers crossed for you. Maybe we both get lucky.

I disciplined myself not to contact anyone at Tesla. Did that for two months. It's didn't serve me well but I gave it a shot thinking maybe patience would be rewarded. Now I am being a squeaky wheel again for all the good that will do. The SAs are completely unaware, or in denial, of how the ordering and delivery process is playing out in the real world. Made me think of people that are deeply embedded in a cult of some kind. Seemed to actually believe that orders get filled based on order dates and that any evidence to the contrary is made up. Fascinating.

Person that called me was really trying to be helpful though but said that 'nothing can be done to move new car delivery dates'.

Also said that minimum wait for an MYP order placed in February is six months.

Guess it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesertEagle