Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, I also got the text today
Got the text today. Stupidly tried to communicate with the robots at Tesla to no avail and had to text DELAY as there’s no way for me to physically take delivery before 7/2. I was hoping someone could reply back with something like “oh don’t worry just say JUNE and when you get your delivery window you can postpone it.” But no such luck

(I didn’t receive a reply back to my DELAY response btw.)

Husband cleaned the car and there are definitely a few issues. The back right door doesn’t close right - there’s a weird thunk and something is scratching the paint near the latch. Some noticeable panel gaps/alignment issues on the back doors, as well, but I don’t know if it’s anything major enough to have them fix. The camera housings on the front sides are loose, too. Have a service appointment set up for next Tuesday to address those and get mudflaps and hopefully PPF installed. It’s a gorgeous color. The black interior looks nicer than we expected, too.

Attachments

• CDE01EC0-1875-4536-9B2A-D052A114234B.jpeg
    CDE01EC0-1875-4536-9B2A-D052A114234B.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 46717114-443F-406F-9297-032CD39E9FCF.jpeg
    46717114-443F-406F-9297-032CD39E9FCF.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 6EEDE3AE-71F0-438B-85D2-D772A88BE0B0.jpeg
    6EEDE3AE-71F0-438B-85D2-D772A88BE0B0.jpeg
    740.8 KB · Views: 68
Husband cleaned the car and there are definitely a few issues. The back right door doesn’t close right - there’s a weird thunk and something is scratching the paint near the latch. Some noticeable panel gaps/alignment issues on the back doors, as well, but I don’t know if it’s anything major enough to have them fix. The camera housings on the front sides are loose, too. Have a service appointment set up for next Tuesday to address those and get mudflaps and hopefully PPF installed. It’s a gorgeous color. The black interior looks nicer than we expected, too.

Congratulations!🎉
I’m also in Texas. How soon after insurance and financing before you got your chance to schedule your delivery date?
Assume you did all the temp tag paperwork online? Was wondering if that delayed your ability to schedule delivery appointment? Is there a pick up location in FTW or are they delivering to your home?
Appreciate your insight and hope you’ll continue to share your experience! It’s super helpful!
Thank you! I got vin assigned on Saturday(6/11) and on Monday(6/13) I got a text to pick a date/time for delivery. I picked a date and it allowed me to submit insurance. My financing got approved yesterday(6/14) and I submitted it to Tesla and paid remaining fee balance. My car was already half way to Fort Worth when I got a vin(canceled order prob), so that's why I think I got to pick a date so soon before everything got finalized. Even thou my delivery scheduled for 6/19, my SA told me to have insurance start 6/15 so tags can be completed before delivery, so there wont be a delay in picking up the car. I didn't do anything online for that, he took care of that. There is a pick up location on University Dr. in FW, which is like 30 min from me so I will be getting it from there. Who is your SA? Are you picking up in FW? And congrats on getting your vin!🥳

Flurry of activity today - everything about this process seems weird - I bought a car sight unseen, told my credit union to send a bunch of money to Tesla with nothing but a VIN, a wink and a promise? and told my insurance agent to insure a car I’ve only heard of and whose location is unconfirmed somewhere between Fremont and Dallas.
Strangest of all - I’ve developed a weird “friendship” with a BOT at Tesla somewhere, who now seriously questions whether humans— or maybe just me — are “intelligent life forms.”
Anyway, I appear to be down to constant refresh for a delivery appointment.
Do you think we’ll miss this when it’s all over?
View attachment 816709
I won't miss sleepless nights and constant app checking for that VIN to magically appear 😂. Also, I don't think you are talking to a bot, but SA in the closest showroom to you. I get automated messages from the same number my SA texts me. One time I texted him asking a question and someone else responded saying sorry Adis is not here today, but I will help you.. I guess they have access to everyone's messages 😵‍💫😅

Reactions: VegasMYP
For any of you recently paying with a certified check from a bank. Did you have them put your RN number on the memo? Or no? seem to be getting a mixed answers, i would assume there is no problem with it not being there as i am handing it off directly to them. I would assume in the case where you mail it directly that makes more sense for them to link it to you.

MYP MSM Baby! :cool:

Reactions: RocY