Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should give the option to pick from the factory, I bet there will be lot of takers to that option
As someone who lived in the bay my weekday drive experience along 880 and 680 is unpleasant at best lol. Imagine rolling out the factory and into 2 hours or rush hour. Is it to save on delivery time?
Corvette buyers have that option since 2000 and gladly pay even more for that perk. Could be a cash cow for Tesla. We did the NCM Delivery on our 2006 Corvette. It was a magical experience, one I’ll never forget. Come on Elon your leaving money on the sideline.
I think the company is trying to churn out as many cars as possible and deviating from their supply chain model isn’t worth their time or money.
Sounds like a nightmare for Tesla given the QC issues still endemic for many buyers. Show up in Fremont and refuse delivery...how would that go down exactly?
They would have to account for every possible cosmetic fix and supply the labor and material to ensure timely (same day) repairs. Imagine allotting one day for delivery but you’re stuck there for several. Who’s footing the food and accomodations?

Reactions: Tesbel
VINs are not sequential so you may have it depending on build date.
If the guy in the YT video had a 532 VIN (he says he does), his car was made at least a week ago. I just got assigned an F530 on 8/20, so this 530 VIN range probably has the cargo cover too as long as they started adding it a few weeks ago on new Performance builds in Fremont.

Did someone tell you that info or does it show up on the app?
The VIN showed up in the app. My SA sent me a screenshot the day before showing I was Soft Matched and the status was: Soft matched to car in firm-production. Forecasted Factory Gate Date: 2022-08-20.
I have a good relationship with my SA and am close to the SC so for the past month I have been in there once a week. :) I will say I was previously soft matched for a car on 8/8 and 8/14 so it really is just a soft match. As my husband says, I won't believe it until the car is in the driveway.

Tesla EDD3.jpegEDD3: September 04 - September 15

EDD2: 8/30-9/13 or no VIN for the OD: 06/06. MYP MSM Black FSD

I just got an e-mail that my MYP is on the truck from the factory to my delivery center. ...I'm not sure which one because I'm smack in the middle of 3 centers that are all 2+ hours away. I guess I'll find out. It'd be nice if they delivered it to my home and just put my trade on the same tow truck.

It's also asking for my insurance but my soonest delivery date is in two weeks. Call me a cheapskate, but I don't want to pay for two weeks of insurance on a car I don't own. Can I just wait until it's at the delivery center and set up insurance a day in advance?

Well finally got tired of waiting on my EDD to update from this generic August - October 2022 that I’ve had for the past two - three weeks so I deleted the tow, refreshed my app, then added it back now says Sept - Oct 2022.
Hopefully will get a better update on my EDD in the next 24 hours.

I just got an e-mail that my MYP is on the truck from the factory to my delivery center. ...I'm not sure which one because I'm smack in the middle of 3 centers that are all 2+ hours away. I guess I'll find out. It'd be nice if they delivered it to my home and just put my trade on the same tow truck.

It's also asking for my insurance but my soonest delivery date is in two weeks. Call me a cheapskate, but I don't want to pay for two weeks of insurance on a car I don't own. Can I just wait until it's at the delivery center and set up insurance a day in advance?
Can you obtain insurance, then suspend for 2 weeks, then resume the day before your delivery date? My provider has been very flexible with me for that. Try contacting your provider, I'm sure this situation is pretty common nowadays.