Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just asked my SA what the build date was for my vehicle and they replied with August 4th.

My VIN is F538. Isn't that an old build date for the VIN? I'm not 100% on how Tesla batches their VINs
My MYP is 537 and delivery is sep 3. Not sure when that was built. I got the vin this morning and they said it’s in transit. So my guess is mine was built within the last week but I dunno

Last edited:
Reactions: Macgyverfever
My MYP is 537 and delivery is sep 3. Not sure when that was built. I got the vin this morning and they said it’s in transit. So my guess is mine was built within the last week but I dunno
It's so weird.

My VIN was assigned yesterday. If my car was built on August 4th does that mean it's been sitting there for 3 weeks without having a VIN assigned to it?

Unless my SA doesn't actually know when the car went into production and can only see when the VIN was put into the system. I know Tesla does batches of VINs.

Last edited:
It's so weird.

My VIN was assigned yesterday. If my car was built on August 4th does that mean it's been sitting there for 3 weeks without having a VIN assigned to it?
I don’t think they would sit there for weeks. Tesla wants deliveries asap. Unless there are logistic issues or they are waiting for parts to complete the build. But that would show up in drone footages and would be reported online. Are vins still sequential even if they factor the different gigafactories? But if yours is 538 and was given to you yesterday. Why did I get my notification a day later and mine is 537? I mean it’s not a big deal to me. I just try to take opportunities to learn things.

I don’t think they would sit there for weeks. Tesla wants deliveries asap. Unless there are logistic issues or they are waiting for parts to complete the build. But that would show up in drone footages and would be reported online. Are vins still sequential even if they factor the different gigafactories? But if yours is 538 and was given to you yesterday. Why did I get my notification a day later and mine is 537? I mean it’s not a big deal to me. I just try to take opportunities to learn things.
Yeah I don't think my car was built and then has been sitting at the factory since the 4th. I know Tesla doesn't do sequential VINs and instead puts a batch of VINs into the system at once. I think August 4th was when my VIN was "created".

Last edited:
Congratulations! I got a call to schedule yesterday. Scheduled for Saturday.
Did your bank issue a check yet or doing a wire? I got an email to submit a proof.
Thanks and same to you as well :) Suncoast Credit Union gave me a document that Tesla needs to fill with amount financed and I need to sign it at delivery. Tesla will then send that document to bank and get the funds wired to them.

I picked mine up today, so excited! I got it a day early, today worked better than tomorrow for my schedule so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if it was ready and it was. (I called the local store rather than texting Tesla.)

My details:
MYP - MSM - Black - No Tow - No FSD

Original Order: 4/30/22 (MYLR)
EDD: Jan-Mar, 2023
Switch to MYP: 5/27/22
{I didn't write down all of my EDDs, they changed a few times over time of course.}
EDD: (~8/1/22): Aug 16 - 30
VIN received (via text): 8/11/22; VIN #: F5197
EDD (8/11/22): Aug 25 - 28
MYP left factory (via text): 8/13/22
Request to schedule delivery (via text): 8/18/22
Delivery date: 8/25/22 (woohoo!)

Mine came with:
All weather tires
New door trim
PPF on rear doors
Mudflaps on front
Double pane glass
No cargo cover (I'm glad, I've always taken it out of my previous cars)
Remote charger *

Couple of minor things on delivery:
They were re-doing the asphalt in the parking lot at the Tesla store that I picked up at (Eden Prairie, MN). My car was parked within 10 feet of where they were tearing up the asphalt, needless to say my car wasn't super clean. The guy came out and wiped it down a bit with cleaner and a rag, but I was amazed they would park the cars up for delivery right there, there were plenty of other parking spots further away.

My car had 10 miles on it. Perhaps I'm overreacting but surprised there was more than 1-2 miles...?

I ordered a remote charger for $200 when I ordered my car, just missed the cutoff. They shipped it to me a few weeks ago, but then included one in the car. Had I known that, I never would have bought one. I'm hoping I can return it.

Software version is 2022.15. I hope it upgrades soon, that is several versions ago. (I did set it to "advanced" so it updates quicker.)

Other than that... I'm so excited to finally have it. Not sure what I'll do with all my free time now that I won't be refreshing the app and checking these forums all the time! ;)

I got vin F538 yesterday and my SA said my build date was 08/04. I don’t think that it was actually built on 08/04, that’s just the date the VIN was created in their system.
My guess is the VIN is created on 08/04 and the car went into production after 08/04. Tesla doesn't have room or like to keep that many cars in their parking lot. Is your MYP in transit currently?