Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the SA and got the same response I've gotten over and over. We see you are 5 days from your 2 week window, we anticipate a VIN being assigned in the next week or 2. I am pretty sure they have that as a macro on their keyboard.
I honestly don't think the SA's know much more about production than we do. They have to give a generic response to those questions.

Reactions: gtseamus
I just called the SA and got the same response I've gotten over and over. We see you are 5 days from your 2 week window, we anticipate a VIN being assigned in the next week or 2. I am pretty sure they have that as a macro on their keyboard.
I called in to see if my projected date that the car would deliver to the dealership was still around the same time, since they are able to see that date even though it’s just an estimate anyways. The guy told me that he has seen my request for this information and told me there was no other information he could give me if I called any more. So I asked him if he was saying to not call anymore and just wait. He said, “Basically yes, there is nothing else we can tell you.”

Over 150 days at this point waiting, I only started calling to check in when they put me in repeated two week windows. Not demanding a car, just want to know why my car is delayed, what options I could change to speed things up, their estimates to the dealership, etc. And now I’m trying to find out if this one will stick or not, and he told to stop calling in to ask things about trying to spend $85k after tax.

This experience gets worse and worse.

Has everyone whose gotten a VIN received the "your car has left the factory" text after receiving a VIN? I got my VIN on Tuesday but my SA said my car is already in transit. Never got the text stating the car left the factory.
No, I received my VIN Tuesday at 634pm, then the Tampa Team sent me a text at 639pm that the vehicle was on the way and to make sure to review in app tasks. Then the next day at 1130am I got the text to schedule delivery, which is Sunday at noon.

Reactions: YNoVA
Finally got my Vin number 8/25, white MYP black interior with tow hitch. It’s coming from Fremont I’m in NY so it’s a far drive so delivery is 9/8-9/12. Hopefully next week we can make a delivery date as early is possible.
When was your order date? I ordered in May and am seeing June CA orders getting their VINs before me. I'm not sure if Tesla is building in batches or if the Seattle area generally takes longer to fulfill.

I called in to see if my projected date that the car would deliver to the dealership was still around the same time, since they are able to see that date even though it’s just an estimate anyways. The guy told me that he has seen my request for this information and told me there was no other information he could give me if I called any more. So I asked him if he was saying to not call anymore and just wait. He said, “Basically yes, there is nothing else we can tell you.”

Over 150 days at this point waiting, I only started calling to check in when they put me in repeated two week windows. Not demanding a car, just want to know why my car is delayed, what options I could change to speed things up, their estimates to the dealership, etc. And now I’m trying to find out if this one will stick or not, and he told to stop calling in to ask things about trying to spend $85k after tax.

This experience gets worse and worse.
At this point I think it would be a good idea to call Tesla (Not your delivery center) and ask to change delivery location to another city or state. There might be something with your area that is causing it to be pushed out. Not sure if someone's already mentioned this though, or if you've tried. Maybe there is a more popular metro area you can have the car sent to, where you *know* they're getting weekly truckloads of MYPs by the dozens.