Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my timeline

Specs:
Model Y Performance
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black interior
No tow
No FSD/EAP (initially ordered EAP but removed on 9/6)

• Order Date: 8/14
  • Original Estimated Delivery Date: 10/7 - 11/11
  • Revised Estimated Delivery Date 1 (on 8/27): 9/18 - 10/16
  • Revised Estimated Delivery Date 2 (on 9/1): 9/14 - 9/28
  • Revised Estimated Delivery Date 3 (on 9/9): 9/12 - 9/18
  • VIN Assignment Date: 9/9
  • Schedule Delivery Appointment Notification Date: 9/10
  • Delivery slated for : 9/14 (earliest date available @ new Upland delivery center in San Bernardino, CA)
In all, each estimated delivery window brought the timeline in closer; total wait time in my case will be exactly 1 month. YMMV.
Picked up today @ Upland Delivery Center in CA.

MYP - MSM/Black — F546 vin - 9/22 build.

No cargo shelf, no mobile charger, new door trim.

Pickup was delayed as glass roof had to be replaced due to it having a crack (SC replaced glass roof). However, upon delivery, car had 3 issues: paint chip on hood, paint issue on driver side rear quarter panel, and passenger side rocker panel had scratches. Service request opened to have these items addressed next week.

There’s a delivery problem.

Suppose to get car 10 days ago. I’m in NY.

There’s the issue from the trains causing a delay.

No updates on how long things will take due to the train issues.

Insurance and loan been active for over 10 days
Same, supposed to get car 12 days ago. EDD will keep pushing. People on the Model 3 subreddit seem to be getting their cars out of the railyard in PA/NJ/VA, and a handful of Model Ys here too. Our MYPs must be at the back of the railyard. Mt. Kisco delivery center for me.

As of a few hours ago, it looks like the cooling-off period has been extended to 9/23, so the strike isn't imminent, at least this week.

These rail workers could move a little faster though unloading the trains ;-)

Reactions: Ralbright

It looks like a deal has been struck with the railroad unions avoiding a strike. My car was built on 9/9 with a delivery day is 9/23-9/27…pretty good chance the car is on the freight train right now. I have been watching this labor strike story like a hawk the last few days - glad to see it’s getting resolved.

Last edited:

It looks like a deal has been struck with the railroad unions avoiding a strike. My car was built on 9/9 with a delivery day is 9/23-9/27…pretty good chance the car is on the freight train right now. I have been watching this labor strike story like a hawk the last few days - glad to see it’s getting resolved.
The railyard is still very backed up. Tesla has started using trucks from Fremont and Austin to the east coast now. Hopefully they can get their cars out of there soon. I think this will cause a ripple effect for the next month.

You should ask your SA where the car is, they might tell you. If not the Tesla corporate number should.

The railyard is still very backed up. Tesla has started using trucks from Fremont and Austin to the east coast now. Hopefully they can get their cars out of there soon. I think this will cause a ripple effect for the next month.

You should ask your SA where the car is, they might tell you. If not the Tesla corporate number should.
Eh - I’ll start getting more concerned if by Monday or Tuesday I still don’t have a delivery appointment set. I did ask my SA a couple days ago if they could ping it’s location and he said that “communication is spotty while the car is on the rail portion of transit”. I’ll probably just call corporate if I don’t have a delivery date by Monday.

Also I’m Not sure if accurate, but it sure seems like these railyard issues have mostly been in the northeast to this point. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else on this thread experiencing the kind of related delays in delivery outside of the northeast region.

Yes, my SA is MIA so I called HQ yesterday. Mine is in Birmingham at rail yard. They said should arrive by Sunday. Hoping to hear earlier.

Eh - I’ll start getting more concerned if by Monday or Tuesday I still don’t have a delivery appointment set. I did ask my SA a couple days ago if they could ping it’s location and he said that “communication is spotty while the car is on the rail portion of transit”. I’ll probably just call corporate if I don’t have a delivery date by Monday.

Also I’m Not sure if accurate, but it sure seems like these railyard issues have mostly been in the northeast to this point. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else on this thread experiencing the kind of related delays in delivery outside of the northeast region.
Ah! - I was on mobile and didn't see your location. Northeast is definitely the worst for delays right now!

Reactions: Glendale MY
We have been following the news about a potential rail strike, too. Fortunately, it looks like we Just missed the potential delays. We got the call from our SA confirming our delivery appointment tomorrow (9/16). Yay! Finished the “agreements“ portion of the paperwork today. The odometer reads 15 miles. My excitement is tempered by the fact I have to go through the checklist portion of delivery. 😌 Hope for the best; prepare for the worst.
Wishing everyone on the East Coast with delivery dates after mine, the best. This process is like a roller coaster ride. Hang on!

Reactions: joeinNFLA
Decided to cancel my order last week after three 2-week windows and then getting pushed out to a 1 month window of Sep 28- Oct 26. I found it very disappointing that Tesla could not provide a reason for all of the delays especially since many are receiving cars with much later order dates than mine (5/10/22). My ordering experience with my refreshed model X was nothing like this nightmare. I ended up buying a Gen 3 Raptor and am very happy with it. Best of luck to everyone with this waiting game.

Reactions: Expexp09
Ordered MYP on Jul 5
EDD till yesterday was Sep 16 - Sep 30
Today (Sep 15) - they changed it to Oct 5-19 😩

NJ based

This is so frustrating as we don’t have a second car and I see other folks getting delivery.
Not sure if others in NJ faced this recently. The rail strike was averted …
If your car hasn't been built yet then it is not likely relevant to the rail strike. There's still a decent chance it changes again for you. Just for some perspective, May orders are finishing up deliveries right now. July OD makes sense for an October delivery, worst case scenario, though I know they've sped up in the last month.