Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incredibly frustrating wait to say the least.

MYP White/White- EAP/no Tow/no trade-in
OD: 7/14
EDD #1: Aug-Oct
EDD #2: 9/2-10/7
EDD #3: 9/5-9/19
EDD #4: 9/19-10/3
EDD #5: 10/2-10/30

I entered the second day during both of the two week delivery dates and got moved back each time. I'm not sure why I'm now back to a 4 week estimate. Anyone have any insight?

I have ordered all the accessories already, but no car to put them in ☹️
I’m not sure if this helps put you at ease or not…. I ordered the exact same configuration as you did on 7/8. I’m located in NYC. I had my EDD change several times and even had a VIN assigned and then removed. Up until this past Sunday (9/18) my EDD was 10/5-10/19. Then on Monday 9/19 I received my VIN and a request to scheduled a delivery date. I’m scheduled to pick it up tomorrow morning. Things change very very quickly.

I’ve had a pile of parts including wheels (BBS LMs), coilovers (Ohlins R&T), a ton of other accessories, PPF install appointment scheduled, 295 rear tires, etc. all in place waiting for this vehicle’s arrival. I completely understand your frustration with the rapidly changing dates.

Got a call today from Tesla asking me for the mileage on my trade in vehicle. They requested I text that to them. Nothing else. Delivery was scheduled for Friday but I asked him if tomorrow (Thursday) was possible. He said vehicle was already delivered so no problem. Could this wait be finally over???.. Family already planned a road trip this weekend to NYC with the new vehicle.. yay #almostthere

I’m not sure if this helps put you at ease or not…. I ordered the exact same configuration as you did on 7/8. I’m located in NYC. I had my EDD change several times and even had a VIN assigned and then removed. Up until this past Sunday (9/18) my EDD was 10/5-10/19. Then on Monday 9/19 I received my VIN and a request to scheduled a delivery date. I’m scheduled to pick it up tomorrow morning. Things change very very quickly.

I’ve had a pile of parts including wheels (BBS LMs), coilovers (Ohlins R&T), a ton of other accessories, PPF install appointment scheduled, 295 rear tires, etc. all in place waiting for this vehicle’s arrival. I completely understand your frustration with the rapidly changing dates.
I had a very similar journey as yours. Ordered early July, had several EDD changes, got a VIN yesterday and scheduled delivery for next week. F558xxx.

MYP - Blue/White/Tow/No EAP/No FSD
OD: 8/08/2022
EDD1: Sept - Oct
EDD2: Sept 15 - 30
EDD3: Sept 16 - 30
EDD4: Sept 18 - 30
VIN Assigned: 9/12 F553
Text from SA: 9/12
EDD5: Sept 26 - 29

:)
Delivery date set for 9/27. However, due to end of quarter shenanigans….my pickup location is now 6hrs away. The joys of living in a state that doesn’t allow direct sales and one of the closet SC that does being a long ways away.

It was either pick it up there, or let someone else take it. Luckily I’ll be coming back from a work trip, so it’s technically on the way. Just means more time on the road and less time in the air.

Anyone use regular autopilot and get annoyed by lane changes (AP disabling with a chime each time)? Trying to figure out if adding EAP at a later date will be worth the $$$$. Recently drove a Tesla with FSD and found there to be some oddities and phantom breaking issues and don’t think FSD is worth the $$$$ at this time. But auto lane change with the turn signal was really nice.

Also, how long do I have to submit a ticket for any issues found during delivery? I’ll drive nearly 400 miles home on day 1.

Delivery date set for 9/27. However, due to end of quarter shenanigans….my pickup location is now 6hrs away. The joys of living in a state that doesn’t allow direct sales and one of the closet SC that does being a long ways away.

It was either pick it up there, or let someone else take it. Luckily I’ll be coming back from a work trip, so it’s technically on the way. Just means more time on the road and less time in the air.

Anyone use regular autopilot and get annoyed by lane changes (AP disabling with a chime each time)? Trying to figure out if adding EAP at a later date will be worth the $$$$. Recently drove a Tesla with FSD and found there to be some oddities and phantom breaking issues and don’t think FSD is worth the $$$$ at this time. But auto lane change with the turn signal was really nice.

Also, how long do I have to submit a ticket for any issues found during delivery? I’ll drive nearly 400 miles home on day 1.
I’ve had cars with fsd, eap, and just regular ap; to me, fsd & eap are not worth their price tags. I use ap often & manual lane changes are no big deal (disabling & reenabling ap becomes as normal as using your turn signal).

& afaik, you have 100 miles / 3 days to report ‘cosmetic’ issues with the vehicle.

I’ve had cars with fsd, eap, and just regular ap; to me, fsd & eap are not worth their price tags. I use ap often & manual lane changes are no big deal (disabling & reenabling ap becomes as normal as using your turn signal).

& afaik, you have 100 miles / 3 days to report ‘cosmetic’ issues with the vehicle.
Thanks for your input. From what I read, FSD does not seem to be worth it, however I have been considering EAP. I drive long distances often and I am looking forward to easier driving. I will likely pay for a month and try it out.

Reactions: Stevnwin
Had my M3P in for service this morning and spotted our F550 MYP on the lot (delivery tomorrow). All looks really good on the outside. Build date of 9/9/2022: Car has the new door trim (not surprising), matrix headlights, Michelin All Seasons, does not appear to have a rear privacy cover (could care less), and Mud Flaps and rear door PPF both installed. Car seems pretty well built with no notable panel gaps or paint issues. I really did not see anything on the outside worth noting that would need service. Inside looked good too but will look closer tomorrow. This definitely won't be a rejected VIN, so I made my final payment and excited to take her home tomorrow.

MYP MSM/black with EAP. OD : 9/9.
Initially had a EDD of Oct 6th to Nov 3rd. Was in no hurry to trade in my car etc.
9/16 my EDD moved up to 9/20 and 10/4. Went ahead and sold my car etc based on the fact that it’s a MYP and it was a fairly small window
This morning it moved back to 10/13 to 11/10

Quite annoying, and I know I shouldn’t be surprised at the flip flop, because I spoke to my credit union, a tint and ppf shop and my insurance and had everything lined up.

I didn't get a "Your Model Y has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center" message this time, and I got a scheduling delivery message the day after VIN was assigned. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a reject.
I never got a depart text either. I reached out to SA and they said it was already in transit. My pick up is this Sunday.

Reactions: teca01