Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that was fast.

OD: 9/14 - MYLR5 red/white/tow/EAP
EDD: Dec 22 - Apr 23

Decided to gamble and update order to see if I could get a MYP faster (figuring the drop in trade value for my Explorer at that point would eat a significant part of the difference + Tesla wanting to hit end of quarter numbers)

Updated order: 9/20 - MYP red/white/tow/EAP
EDD 9/20: Sep-Oct
EDD 9/22 am: Oct 12-Nov 13
EDD 9/22 pm: VIN assigned, Sep 23-Oct 2

Well, that worked. Spoke to SA who confirmed 21 A/S tires (whew!) and said likely by 9/30. Dropped EAP, will probably try subscription figuring breakeven just against EAP is 2.5years and if FSD is good, well, better than 15K now..

Thanks to those in the forum who posted about their experiences updating the orders!

Alright took delivery of the MPY. Here's what it came with:
*Plug adapter
*No rear cover
*Updated door panels
*Pirelli Performance Tires (that's what I was told, not sure if these are All-Season or not)

As far as blemishes, nothing that I could see. I did see a panel gap that looked tight to me, but the SA said it was normal and within spec. I compared it to the MYP next to it and the other one was asymmetrical, mine seemed good, so no problem there. It is raining here today so I will have to look at paint after its dry. I am a little concerned about the white interior and how clean it will stay. The car looks awesome 👏

Reactions: Stevnwin
I’m not sure if this helps put you at ease or not…. I ordered the exact same configuration as you did on 7/8. I’m located in NYC. I had my EDD change several times and even had a VIN assigned and then removed. Up until this past Sunday (9/18) my EDD was 10/5-10/19. Then on Monday 9/19 I received my VIN and a request to scheduled a delivery date. I’m scheduled to pick it up tomorrow morning. Things change very very quickly.

I’ve had a pile of parts including wheels (BBS LMs), coilovers (Ohlins R&T), a ton of other accessories, PPF install appointment scheduled, 295 rear tires, etc. all in place waiting for this vehicle’s arrival. I completely understand your frustration with the rapidly changing dates.
Well, I should have just come on here and complained earlier because I got assigned a VIN today. F559 built 9/20.

I thought I would have a few days to set up financing, but they want me to get the car tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday otherwise they will give away my VIN.

I guess I should be careful what I wish for...o_O

Reactions: Kwame
More NY info: Found someone on the Drive Clean rebate team that told me the $500 state incentive can be applied retroactively if Tesla does not apply it at purchase in the next few weeks. I’ll go that route instead of fight it more!
Following up on this…

I’m picking up today from Brooklyn. My account currently shows a -$500 balance due to the Drive Clean Rebate being applied after I made my payment.

B51BDD51-0A07-449C-A263-54FD2F9FCC6B.png

Ordered MYP on Jul 5
EDD till yesterday was Sep 16 - Sep 30
Today (Sep 15) - they changed it to Oct 5-19 😩

NJ based

This is so frustrating as we don’t have a second car and I see other folks getting delivery.
Not sure if others in NJ faced this recently. The rail strike was averted …

Glad to see NJ / NY area folks getting deliveries.
I think everyone before my order date (Jul 5) got theirs - hopefully we get ours soon.

My Tsportline 19” tires are in their way, but no car!!

VIN of 522 assigned on Sept 23; seems old so I'm guessing either rejected or unable to deliver.

Any reason to turn this one down?

*Edit: After some searching it looks as though this VIN number was around mid-August so I will be accepting it. Order-to-delivery time was quite the opposite from my red MYLR7. 365 days compared to 4.

Last edited:
VIN of 522 assigned on Sept 23; seems old so I'm guessing either rejected or unable to deliver.

Any reason to turn this one down?

*Edit: After some searching it looks as though this VIN number was around mid-August so I will be accepting it. Order-to-delivery time was quite the opposite from my red MYLR7. 365 days compared to 4.
VINs are not sequential so it could be any build date

MYP MSM Black SoCal
EDD1: Sept 24- Oct 4

Received VIN F558 on 9/22 then EDD2: Sept 25 - Oct 1

How to check for build date? Thanks

Was allowed to pick up as early as 9/24, then texted Tesla advisor to move delivery location and was able to pick up 9/23.
Cargo cover, Michelin all season. So far the build is good. Only that windshield and one of the headlight are installed slightly off center.

Reactions: teca01
Was allowed to pick up as early as 9/24, then texted Tesla advisor to move delivery location and was able to pick up 9/23.
Cargo cover, Michelin all season. So far the build is good. Only that windshield and one of the headlight are installed slightly off center.
Windshield “within specs” or you going to put a ticket? I pick mine up this afternoon and anxious on what I find wrong