Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, I didnt really think about that. Its definitely lower than my wife's YLR, but I know P's are 1 inch or so anyways. I will say the suspension is AMAZING compared to my old 21 MYP and even the S I had!
What specifically about the suspension do you think is amazing? Is it sportier/firmer when going around corners, so that it hugs the ground more? Is it softer/cushier so it doesn’t jar the body as much in the potholes/cracks in the road?

I’m coming from a model 3 LR and I love how mine hugs the road as I go around roundabouts. I’ll miss the lower center of gravity/stability/acceleration. …. That’s why I’m 90% going to switch to a MYP. That and the matrix headlights……

Thinking the suspension reference is more due to the comfort suspension that Elon mentioned and most newer MY are coming equipped with. Not sure how it works out on the MYP since those do have the bigger wheels/thinner tires and different suspension altogether compared to the MY.

What specifically about the suspension do you think is amazing? Is it sportier/firmer when going around corners, so that it hugs the ground more? Is it softer/cushier so it doesn’t jar the body as much in the potholes/cracks in the road?

I’m coming from a model 3 LR and I love how mine hugs the road as I go around roundabouts. I’ll miss the lower center of gravity/stability/acceleration. …. That’s why I’m 90% going to switch to a MYP. That and the matrix headlights……

The suspension still feels super sporty, and such, but not so jarring when rolling over something as small as a pebble, where my 2021 MYP felt like I was going to need a chiropractor after every ride. This feels more like an S and an X now. Not as "Buick'y" as such, but much better than prior.

My 23 MYP is sure becoming my own! Installed thus far:

- Auto-Present RGB Door Handles
- Auto Frunk
- Frunk Light Strip
- Illuminated Door Sills
- Real Matte Carbon Fiber Console, Dash & Door Trim Replacements
- Mudflaps

Coming:

- Rear Climate Control Screen
- Rear Footwell Lights
- Driver "Massage" Module
- XPEL Stealth Wrap
- 20" TSW SEBRING Matte Black Wheels

IMG_0558.jpeg

Reactions: LasersGoPewPew

- Auto Frunk
- Frunk Light Strip
- Illuminated Door Sills
- Mudflaps

Coming:

- Rear Footwell Lights
- XPEL Stealth Wrap

View attachment 874933
Looks good! I have the same floor mats arriving on Thursday. How do you like them?

- Auto Frunk
- Frunk Light Strip
- Illuminated Door Sills
- Mudflaps

Coming:

- Rear Footwell Lights
- XPEL Stealth Wrap

View attachment 874933
This is awesome. That's probably the best way to make your Y uniquely yours. You should start a thread with your progress with pictures. That would be awesome. I am thinking about doing the same if I ever get the car back from the shop, lol.

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
What brand floor mat? I zoomed in on your picture but I couldn’t tell what the letters were. And what brand auto frunk /auto present handles?

They are OEDRO Floor Mats. Some dont like logos on the mats, but I never minded and these actually look good with the logo. Im sold!

The auto frunk and handles are Hansshow's. Heres a link below to each. At checkout, use JaeTheDev for 30% off as well, as Im an affiliate of the company.

Hope these links help! Seriously, I love the vehicle even more with these mods on it.

They are OEDRO Floor Mats. Some dont like logos on the mats, but I never minded and these actually look good with the logo. Im sold!

The auto frunk and handles are Hansshow's. Heres a link below to each. At checkout, use JaeTheDev for 30% off as well, as Im an affiliate of the company.

Hope these links help! Seriously, I love the vehicle even more with these mods on it.
Do you plan on adding a dashboard display? I saw somewhere that one of the models was not compatible with 2023 because the plug in the dash or something was different

Do you plan on adding a dashboard display? I saw somewhere that one of the models was not compatible with 2023 because the plug in the dash or something was different

Not at all. I find zero use for it personally. I am adding the rear screen that makes it, so rear passengers can control the climate controls, rear heated seats, and move the front passenger seat if needed. Its mostly for aesthetics and looks cool. HA I have it already, just need to install it.

Husband cleaned the car and there are definitely a few issues. The back right door doesn’t close right - there’s a weird thunk and something is scratching the paint near the latch. Some noticeable panel gaps/alignment issues on the back doors, as well, but I don’t know if it’s anything major enough to have them fix. The camera housings on the front sides are loose, too. Have a service appointment set up for next Tuesday to address those and get mudflaps and hopefully PPF installed. It’s a gorgeous color. The black interior looks nicer than we expected, too.

How do you like MSM vs Black as you have owned for close to a year now?