Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent NYC order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think or you know? lol
Just guessing haha..

I shared this in the other room but will post here as well...

Got the Tesla Vision loading screen today, accepted, and received VIN. 30 mins later, I went to refresh the site and VIN is gone with new EDD of 9-13 WEEKS. Called Tesla to ask why and they told me they accidentally assigned me the wrong vehicle. AND it seems like my place in line got reset somehow with this 9-13 week EDD.

So pretty damn pissed.

What was your original order date and why did you decline delivery?
I ordered in February 2020. Waited for V1 to be ready for prime time and pushed button 4/9/21 (I’m patient). Original EDD was 5/28 and then shifted sometimes several tunes a day and eventually was 1st week of June.

I declined delivery the day before. I waited for all the kinks were out for April 2020 order. Then they ship a car different from what I ordered and test drove.

I am hesitant and want to see how a radarless car does for V2 for a few months before I push the button again. 2nd car, no rush, I drive <5k miles annually.

Anyone in WNY doing the carrier direct service? Just wondering what a rough timeline on that looks like from vehicle arriving at the sale center until it arrives 6 - 7 hours down the 90. (Spoiler alert....I'm guessing its like everything else with the current situation and the answer is a big ole question mark)

Just to update this, I still haven't taken delivery. I was scheduled last week when the car arrived (exactly one week ago) but they noticed a possible issue with the screen cutting out and the master tech wanted to change the coaxial cable that feeds the screen from the MCU. He said it's a very simple fix and takes 10 mins (the cable runs behind the glovebox). They gave me a MYP to use for the week so I cannot complain that much! But hopefully today is the day! Delivery scheduled for 5pm!

Just to update this, I still haven't taken delivery. I was scheduled last week when the car arrived (exactly one week ago) but they noticed a possible issue with the screen cutting out and the master tech wanted to change the coaxial cable that feeds the screen from the MCU. He said it's a very simple fix and takes 10 mins (the cable runs behind the glovebox). They gave me a MYP to use for the week so I cannot complain that much! But hopefully today is the day! Delivery scheduled for 5pm!
Wow, glad they found the issue themselves. Were you able to inspect the car yet? I’m picking up in Smithtown today (car allegedly got in yesterday) - hope they were just as thorough! I was going through a few checklists last night and they’re so ridiculously long…very crazy for a brand new, premium car!

Reactions: mtx450
Wow, glad they found the issue themselves. Were you able to inspect the car yet? I’m picking up in Smithtown today (car allegedly got in yesterday) - hope they were just as thorough! I was going through a few checklists last night and they’re so ridiculously long…very crazy for a brand new, premium car!
What specs you get ? Went to smithtown yesterday the lot wasn't that full :(

Does anyone have the phone number they use to reach the Mt. Kisco location directly? I've tried calling them today, selected option 4 for delivery assistance, and got a call back 2 hours later from someone at corporate who didn't have the answers to my questions and has to check with Mt. Kisco and let me know. I've read about folks on here speaking to Mt. Kisco directly, so perhaps there's another phone number in play?

Yea the only thing I added was black paint, there were a lot of regular white ones
Here’s what I saw in Smithtown at around 3 PM. I think these were the cars awaiting pickup later today:
DC706B04-9F30-4703-9AED-BD903A79F963.jpeg

Reactions: mtx450
What was your EDD prior to the September change? Mine was late July-early August and this morning it's flipped back from September to the same timeframe, late July-early August. Also Mt. Kisco pickup
Placed 5/11
05/28/21 First delivery date estimate appears June 12 - June 30
05/30/21 3-13 weeks
06/01/21 June 15 to June 28
06/02/21 June 16 to June 28
06/03/21 June 17th to June 28
06/04/21 9-13 weeks
06/05/21 June 19 to June 30
06/06/21 June 20 to June 30 - also got the Accept Tesla Vision button, but did not click, disappeared next time I checked
06/09/21 July 12- August 1
06/10/21 June 24 - June 30
06/11/21 September
06/13/21 August 20th - September 09
06/14/21 September
06/16/21 June 29-June 30

Yep, inspected it and all is good so far! The rear bumper is slightly out of alignment with the hatch but it's soooo minutely small, I'm not going to complain. It's going to give me more heartache thinking of them ripping it all apart. It's 98% good as is. I also looked at a lot of the cars on the lot, and they ALL looked the same.

Here’s what I saw in Smithtown at around 3 PM. I think these were the cars awaiting pickup later today:
View attachment 674166

Haha, yep the 2nd white MY on the right was ours! We picked up at 5pm.

Reactions: Vic155
Yep, inspected it and all is good so far! The rear bumper is slightly out of alignment with the hatch but it's soooo minutely small, I'm not going to complain. It's going to give me more heartache thinking of them ripping it all apart. It's 98% good as is. I also looked at a lot of the cars on the lot, and they ALL looked the same.

Haha, yep the 2nd white MY on the right was ours! We picked up at 5pm.
Congrats!!! Good point in regards to fixing minor things! The paint seemed generally good (had them rub out and touch up a couple of spots). One of the headlights and side cameras jut out too much so I reported that in the app today. When I mentioned it to the rep, he said that they are all built that way but if it really bugs me, to report it in the app… he also said they’re a software company and not a car company…lol 🙄

We drove off the lot and had to turn around for my old plates that were still on my trade in! He mentioned he would be transferring them for me but seemed to have completely forgot. Thankfully I brought a screw driver… it was a bizarre experience overall but I’m loving the car!

Attachments

• 5606F1DF-5E3D-437B-9165-B306E270145A.jpeg
    5606F1DF-5E3D-437B-9165-B306E270145A.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 0611892D-4CEE-4BFE-BA8D-624832F99916.jpeg
    0611892D-4CEE-4BFE-BA8D-624832F99916.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 651486B2-C1E4-46C9-A828-6EE0CB690E10.jpeg
    651486B2-C1E4-46C9-A828-6EE0CB690E10.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 34