Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Repair Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I hope all is well, and everyone's enjoying their Teslas!

I have a question regarding some repairs on my vehicle. I have had a 2012 Tesla Model S P85 for six years now with about 104k miles. I recently received a slew of alerts stating that - the vehicle may not start on the next drive. About a week after this first alert, my vehicle did not allow me to drive, and I needed to have it towed to the dealership. I paid a little over 7500$ for the following repair:

Drive Unit - Rear - Large
(Includes Alignment Check) (Remove &
Replace)

HV Harness - Rear Drive Unit to
HVJB - Large Rear Drive Unit (Remove &
Replace)

Battery - Auxiliary - 12V - 1st
Generation (LHD RWD) (Remove & Replace)

Replace VCM To Upgrade eMMC (Model S)

After receiving my vehicle back, it drove well for a day, and then sporadically, I received a power steering warning, but it would go away. Then about a day or two after, I was driving, and during my drive, I lost power steering with a slew of warnings. After a few minutes, all notifications disappeared, and the vehicle returned to normal. The next day, I pulled my car out of the driveway, and after a couple of hours, I went to pull the car in, and I received another slew of warnings for ABS, Power Steering, Low Coolant, and Regenerative Breaking. I lost ABS and Power Steering. I had the vehicle towed back to Tesla, and they stated it was a bad ground. Here's what they fixed:

Grounding Stud - Front Rail -
LH

I finally got my vehicle back, and things have been seemingly fine for a day or two now. Tesla stated that the grounding issues were in the front of the car while the original work was done in the rear. Interesting as well, about five years back, Tesla did replace my Motor for humming issues.

Can anyone confirm that the two issues are not related? Could the original issue with the motor be due to the grounding issue?