Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Timelines - Confirmed to In Queue to In Production to...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is fast. Must know someone. Mine entered production June 11 and they are telling me it is general assembly and likely another week until I pick up at Fremont. I wonder if they do certain batches of types of cars or colors or features at a time?? Hard to imagine it really takes that long in production to get it through the line and out the door. Makes me wonder if it is really in production.

Looks like I am a liar... Just checked MyTesla and found that I am In Production TODAY!

Thus far here are mine:
Ordered - June 2
Confirmed Order - June 9
In Production Queue - June 11
In Production - June 17
Ready for Delivery - probably June 23 but delivery appt scheduled for July 3 as I am out of the country until July 2

Three weeks!?!?!?!?!?!?

Looks like I am a liar... Just checked MyTesla and found that I am In Production TODAY!

Thus far here are mine:
Ordered - June 2
Confirmed Order - June 9
In Production - June 17
Ready for Delivery - probably June 23 but delivery appt scheduled for July 3 as I am out of the country until July 2

Three weeks!?!?!?!?!?!?

Wow! I hope this bodes well for the rest of my timeline, which is very close to yours. Delivery estimate still says late July on MyTesla.

May 16 - order

May 23 - confirmed, VIN assigned - "in production"

June 16 - "Tesla factory is building your Model S"

June 18 - "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." (TODAY)

June 25 - anticipated pickup in Fremont

May 6 Ordered
May 13 Confirmed
May 14 VIN
June 11 Entered Production
June 19 Just changed to Preparing Vehicle for Delivery
June 24 Pickup at Factory?
June 25 Stop checking this thread 16 times a day
Seriously at least there is one thread I can stop reading after next week. And I won't have to find reasons to go to malls that have Tesla stores either.

Wow! so fast. Configuration must make a difference??
Me:
Ordered- May 31
Confirm June 7
Production queue June 9
Still in production queue as of June 19.
My DS tells me it will start production next week.

Thus far here are mine:
Ordered - June 2
Confirmed Order - June 9
In Production - June 17

Three weeks!?!?!?!?!?!?

So here's an update with my confit as well for comparison...

s85D, midnight silver, black ng, pano, autopilot, uhifi, premium interior, air suspension, standard wheels

one note is that because I was leaving on a trip I chose to pay fully before I left as I am taking delivery the day after I return.....

Thus far here are mine:
Ordered - June 2
Confirmed Order - June 9
In Production - June 17
In Transit - June 20

it is in transit to Palo Alto so..... Less than three weeks from order to build complete.

Confirmed Order - 6/13
In Production Queue - 6/15
In Production - 6/22
Ready for Delivery - Pending...

Forgot to list config:
P85D
Midnight Silver
Pano Roof
21" Grey Wheels
Black Next Gen Seats
CF Décor
Black Headliner
CF Spoiler
Red Brake Calipers
Autopilot
Premium Interior
Air Suspension
UHF Sound

I live 16 miles from the factory so delivery should be quick once finished.

Sometimes the My Tesla website does not update very well. Here is my experience:

Ordered my 85d May 31.
confirmed June 6
in production queue June 7
then I became obsessed. :smile: Checking my tesla site many times every day.
Finally yesterday (June 22) around 4:00 pm it moved to 'being assembled.'
This morning (June 23) I checked about 5:00 am. Still being assembled.
Checked at 8:30 am......it says "your model S is in transit from the factory." wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the car had been in assembly mode for a while but the "my tesla" site just not updating online.
I pickup the car Friday at noon!

Mike

What paperwork is needed prior to delivery? My status has turned into production today, no email notification though..

Final purchase agreement with the final price sheet. Has a couple pages that were already in your "My Documents" section, but mostly it is the agreement to buy the car for said price and that you will pay $X and the bank will pay $Y. Signed via DocuSign, then you get an email (took like half a day for me) about paying, which can be done with an eCheck. I understand there are also some documents to sign at delivery, most likely the loan documents.

- - - Updated - - -

What paperwork is needed prior to delivery? My status has turned into production today, no email notification though..

Also I think you need to coordinate with your DS about the paperwork. Mine was going to be delayed because of a trade-in and I just decided not to trade it in so they would do the paperwork sooner.