Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Timelines - Confirmed to In Queue to In Production to...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool P85D pickup scheduled.

6/6/15: ordered
6/19/15: confirmed & vin assigned
6/25/15: entered production
6/29/15: in transit
7/5/15: delivery
They do delivery on Sun?

- - - Updated - - -

Did they give you a delivery date?

I'm somewhat annoyed with my delivery so far. I understand it's a first world problem, but my paperwork said on or around the 3rd, my car was being prepped for pickup starting Monday morning and confirmed it was undergoing final inspection on Monday. My DS emailed me this morning saying she will be able to give me a delivery date early next week. I live 16 miles from the factory and how is it the car can be built in 5 days but it can't be inspected in 5. Getting your delivery date no earlier than the 6th is not delivery on or around the 3rd.
I understand your frustration, from the conversion with DS it seems like factory is in the July/4 holiday mode this week..I was expecting a new ride for the weekend too..

Newly ordered 70D, here is my status on July 1

6/21/15: Ordered
6/27/15: Confirmed
6/29/15: VIN assigned, in production
"August" delivery promised

But based on this thread, August seems like a long time, maybe it's the first part of August? Of course I live in NJ so transit probably takes at least a week or two...

85D; Red; Air suspension; Autopilot pkg; Premium interior pkg; Subzero pkg

June 13: Ordered
June 21: Confirmed
June 22: VIN assigned
June 24: Production Queue
July 03: In Production
?????: In transit
?????: Delivery (August ?)

I assume the long wait in the production queue was probably due to a parts shortage. :confused:

I assume the long wait in the production queue was probably due to a parts shortage. :confused:

Mine was in the production queue for about 7 days, in production for 5.

mine was about 7-9 days

Just picked up Tess.

One word. amazing!

Coming from owning a Lexus GS 350 and driven Mercedes E350 and S430, the driving is more enjoyable in the MS. The acceleration is par none. Smooth, fast, instant. The regenerative braking is something getting used to as I haven't own or driven a hybrid or any cars with it yet.

interior design taken out of Apple's playbook. Simplicity. Good or bad, argument could go on forever for another day. The leather details with next gen seating and blend between leather and Alcantara is nicely done. I like the dashboard having it. It minimize sliding of things like toll road responder.

The lack of rear cup holders, the levers at the door overhead to assist entering is missing, no hangers, minimal leather due to the whole Alcantar approach, etc...

the odd placement of cup holders in the front was weirdly placed. It gets in the way of the arm rest. The huge center space was odd, for I am used to resting my hand on the knob shift.

The sound system lack bass. At max bass setting it was decent and usable, not horrible.

The 17" screen. Amazing. The dashboard that show navigation is nicely placed.

Panoroof of cool to have. It gives that nice class touches.

Getting it it tinted right now with ctx rear 15 and ctx 30 front.

More to come...having issue uploading pictures via iPhone using browser

11 days from confirmation to in production for me, but July 4 holiday was part of that, which may have pushed things out a day or two.

- - - Updated - - -

6/21/15: Ordered
6/27/15: Confirmed
6/29/15: VIN assigned, in production
"August" delivery promised

But based on this thread, August seems like a long time, maybe it's the first part of August? Of course I live in NJ so transit probably takes at least a week or two...
Are you sure yours went into production on 6/29 and not into production queue? Mine went into production today but into the queue on the 26th (11 days). When I ordered the car it said August delivery, but changed a few days later to late July. I probably ordered my car a couple of days ahead of you and my shipping may be a little faster in Ohio, but I'd think yours would be early August.

Happy to hear you got your car and are loving it!

Just picked up Tess.

One word. amazing!

Coming from owning a Lexus GS 350 and driven Mercedes E350 and S430, the driving is more enjoyable in the MS. The acceleration is par none. Smooth, fast, instant. The regenerative braking is something getting used to as I haven't own or driven a hybrid or any cars with it yet.

interior design taken out of Apple's playbook. Simplicity. Good or bad, argument could go on forever for another day. The leather details with next gen seating and blend between leather and Alcantara is nicely done. I like the dashboard having it. It minimize sliding of things like toll road responder.

The lack of rear cup holders, the levers at the door overhead to assist entering is missing, no hangers, minimal leather due to the whole Alcantar approach, etc...

the odd placement of cup holders in the front was weirdly placed. It gets in the way of the arm rest. The huge center space was odd, for I am used to resting my hand on the knob shift.

The sound system lack bass. At max bass setting it was decent and usable, not horrible.

The 17" screen. Amazing. The dashboard that show navigation is nicely placed.

Panoroof of cool to have. It gives that nice class touches.

Getting it it tinted right now with ctx rear 15 and ctx 30 front.

More to come...having issue uploading pictures via iPhone using browser

July 14: In Production Queue
I hope this means my car is assembled and just awaiting shipment. :confused: :confused:
Seems rather odd that they would use that status message after the car was in production for over a week.