Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Timelines - Confirmed to In Queue to In Production to...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very disappointed with customer communication regarding order

Apologies in advance, but I need to vent.
Why does what is supposed to be a modern hi-tech company have such terrible and frequently inaccurate communication with customers waiting on orders? As noted in a previous post, my order was "being built" for over a week and now shows as "In Production Queue" on MyTesla. If the build failed QA and the order needs to be rebuilt, why not just say so? If the build is finished and awaiting shipment, again why not simply say so? :cursing: :cursing:

If the order needs to be rebuilt, I would be disappointed but understanding if properly informed. The lack of proper and consistently accurate status messages is very frustrating.

Now after most of a day showing "In Production Queue" now MyTesla shows "In Transit". :smile: But why the In Production Queue status if the build was finished? That seems ridiculous.

Last edited:
Model S 85D VIN 94638

Ordered 6/12
Confirmed 6/19
VIN assigned 6/21
In production 6/26
Production complete/in transit 7/13

To be delivered at Minneapolis, MN store. Don't know the delivery date yet, but based on others' experience of 18-20 days, I'll guess 7/31-8/3.

I just had an odd experience.

Ordered 7/4 with preliminary delivery in September, confirmed 7/5, got VIN #96399 on 7/6, then went into production 7/18. Now the car is still in production but the expected delivery has been changed to October. However, when I go into the design studio for my country (Sweden) it says late September delivery if I were to order an identical spec now.

How is it possible that my car that's already been in production for over a week can have a later expected delivery than a new car ordered today?

I think the Design Studio delivery estimate is based on delivery in the US. International delivery takes longer not only due to the time required for trans-oceanic shipment, but probably a need to ship a batch of cars together to the same port to get a reasonable shipping rate.

Once ordered, the wait for delivery is the worst part of buying a Model S.

I think the Design Studio delivery estimate is based on delivery in the US. International delivery takes longer not only due to the time required for trans-oceanic shipment, but probably a need to ship a batch of cars together to the same port to get a reasonable shipping rate.

Once ordered, the wait for delivery is the worst part of buying a Model S.

No, the delivery estimates are different for the design studios in different countries. The transport overseas is definitely already factored in (when I ordered, the estimate in the US design studio was August).