Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Voice Control Update (Oct 2017 or so)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Voice control, specifically requesting Model X to play a song, has changed dramatically. In the past, if I asked it to "play" a song, it quickly recognized even obscure songs and played them. Last night, while showing off to friends of course, the same thing resulted in a internet search and a list of albums and references, and if I selected "songs" it said "not found," even for common songs it used to play. I don't use the feature much, so the change could have happened a while ago, but it is a definite downgrade for this feature.

Also noticed this when I got my new 100D ...And it buffers all the time ..I just sold my 90D and did not have nearly the problem ...
I chalked it up to the new AP2 software , hoping for it to get better ...Maybe Slacker has acquired too many customers .

Seems to be still there:

Code:
        {
            "command_type" : "play",
            "description" : "play",
            "command_regexp" : "^plays?\\s(.*)$"
        },
        {
            "description" : "listen to",
            "command_regexp" : "^listen (?:to|2)\\s(.*)$"
            , "tests_match": [
                ["listen to coldplay", "coldplay"],
                ["listen 2 coldplay", "coldplay"]
            ]

},

More interestingly just nearby is this:
Code:
        {
            "command_type" : "clipbookmark",
            "description" : "clip logging bookmark",
            "command_regexp" : "^bookmarks?\\s?(.*)$"
                ["bookmark that prius cut me off", "that prius cut me off"],
                ["bookmark diving toward an exit", "diving toward an exit"]
            ]
        },
Another preparation for the dashcam functionality?

Seems to be still there:

Code:
        {
            "description" : "play",
            "command_regexp" : "^plays?\\s(.*)$"
        },
        {
            "description" : "listen to",
            "command_regexp" : "^listen (?:to|2)\\s(.*)$"
                ["listen to coldplay", "coldplay"],
                ["listen 2 coldplay", "coldplay"]
            ]

},

More interestingly just nearby is this:
Code:
        {
            "description" : "clip logging bookmark",
            "command_regexp" : "^bookmarks?\\s?(.*)$"
                ["bookmark that prius cut me off", "that prius cut me off"],
                ["bookmark diving toward an exit", "diving toward an exit"]
            ]
        },
Another preparation for the dashcam functionality?

Any chance you could dump the entire JSON file to a paste somewhere?

Any chance you could dump the entire JSON file to a paste somewhere?
It's in a bunch of languages so is long for no good reason. Only a few commands, though:

Code:
# grep 'command_type' voice_command_list_v2.json | uniq
            "command_type" : "navigate_to_home",
            "command_type" : "navigate_to_work",
            "command_type" : "navigate",
            "command_type" : "cancel_navigation",
            "command_type" : "call",
            "command_type" : "note",

It's in a bunch of languages so is long for no good reason. Only a few commands, though:

Code:
# grep 'command_type' voice_command_list_v2.json | uniq
            "command_type" : "navigate_to_home",
            "command_type" : "navigate_to_work",
            "command_type" : "navigate",
            "command_type" : "cancel_navigation",
            "command_type" : "call",
            "command_type" : "note",

Thanks! Is this accessible on the fs via rooted and ssh?

Voice control, specifically requesting Model X to play a song, has changed dramatically. In the past, if I asked it to "play" a song, it quickly recognized even obscure songs and played them. Last night, while showing off to friends of course, the same thing resulted in a internet search and a list of albums and references, and if I selected "songs" it said "not found," even for common songs it used to play. I don't use the feature much, so the change could have happened a while ago, but it is a definite downgrade for this feature.
Had the same problem. SC sent me my Slacker credentials and I logged out of the @teslamotors.com account it was logged into and into mine instead. Song search is working again. I can only assume the subscription expired on whatever account the car was logged into, the one they gave me renews on 8/8/2018.

The Voice Recognition software on my Tesla (I should only speak for myself) is pathetic, to say the least. I have had numerous cars with this option and they are all far more superior in recognizing the contact names in my phone list. My 2010 Prius can recognize when I say "call Pinchin" and finds the number. However with the Tesla 2017, it says "cannot find tin tin". I love everything Tesla, but this is my biggest issue with them. They really need to get better voice recognition software.

The Voice Recognition software on my Tesla (I should only speak for myself) is pathetic, to say the least. I have had numerous cars with this option and they are all far more superior in recognizing the contact names in my phone list. My 2010 Prius can recognize when I say "call Pinchin" and finds the number. However with the Tesla 2017, it says "cannot find tin tin". I love everything Tesla, but this is my biggest issue with them. They really need to get better voice recognition software.

My experience is the exact opposite. I come from a BMW, which never recognized anything I said. Mind you, I am not even a native english speaker and have some accent. But Tesla is pretty much flawless in recognizing my voice. It also recognizes non Anglo names, which was a pleasant surprise. I can even say something as complicated as "Play Coldplay Something Just Like This" and it would recognize with just one try.

Reactions: StefanSarzio
My experience is the exact opposite. I come from a BMW, which never recognized anything I said. Mind you, I am not even a native english speaker and have some accent. But Tesla is pretty much flawless in recognizing my voice. It also recognizes non Anglo names, which was a pleasant surprise. I can even say something as complicated as "Play Coldplay Something Just Like This" and it would recognize with just one try.
I should get mine checked out then. It might be just mine.