Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recently Called List gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 7.2, a click on the right upper steering wheel button would bring up a list of my recently called contacts. Now, it triggers voice dictation. Any idea where the recently called list got moved to?

The scroll wheel is the same as before, and the lower right steering wheel button brings up a menu of what I can put in the dash. A press-and-hold of any button doesn't seem to give me my requested functionality.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious - any direction where I can look to get my recently called contacts to come back with a click?

You mean 7.1.

And you click on the button below the right scroll wheel, and you have the option to change the scroll wheel to be the recently called list or phone book or whatever you had it set to before.

The top button no longer does what it used to do from a quick tap.

You're right - I meant 7.1.

So, we can do it from the steering wheel, but it will require a few manipulations:

1. Choose the bottom right button to change the scroll wheel action
2. Use the scroll wheel to find the recently called number
3. Choose the bottom right button again to reset the scroll wheel to what I had before

You're right - I meant 7.1.

So, we can do it from the steering wheel, but it will require a few manipulations:

1. Choose the bottom right button to change the scroll wheel action
2. Use the scroll wheel to find the recently called number
3. Choose the bottom right button again to reset the scroll wheel to what I had before
Correct.

This is my biggest disappointment in the 8.0 upgrade.

Most of the other 'complaints' are changes in functionality. This is actually a 'loss' of functionality since the top right button that used to contain two functions (press = recent calls/contacts; long press = voice commands) now only does one action.

Reassigning the scroll wheel doesn't make sense. A better option would be to make the bottom right behave like the old top right button.

Press = Recent Calls/Contacts (even the button icon graphic looks like that)
Long Press = Assign scroll wheel button.

This is my biggest disappointment in the 8.0 upgrade.

Most of the other 'complaints' are changes in functionality. This is actually a 'loss' of functionality since the top right button that used to contain two functions (press = recent calls/contacts; long press = voice commands) now only does one action.

Reassigning the scroll wheel doesn't make sense. A better option would be to make the bottom right behave like the old top right button.

Press = Recent Calls/Contacts (even the button icon graphic looks like that)
Long Press = Assign scroll wheel button.
+1 I agree

but... but... but... the bottom doesn't have a voice icon on it, so it obviously can't be the phone icon ;) If they do that on the next update, they better send sharpies to everyone.