Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recently improved streaming when choosing specific songs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed recently that the built-in Streaming service has improved when trying to play a specific song?

When we got our X in December 2016, I knew it was kind of hit or miss when requesting to play a specific song. For example, it might play that artist, but not the specific song.

Fast forward to today, and I noticed that it will play the requested song MUCH more reliably. For example, I tried choosing 10 songs in a row and it played every single one! This never happened when we first got our Tesla.

Does anyone know if there were any recent changes to the Slacker radio license to allow this?

Thought/comments?

Reactions: Cowby
I don't know of any updates , however I have noticed Slacker is much improved ...Probably about 2 months now . I switched to sirius/xm last december because of the Slacker problems (pretty much annoying ) ...Now I will probably drop XM again .

The built in is Slacker Plus right? Or you got Premium? For Plus, I don't think you could choose the specific song. You could say a song's name, but it will just start a station inspired by that song. It may play that song to start; it may play that song after a few songs, or it may never play that song. But if you upgrade to Premium, then either it will find that song or it won't if it is not in the catalog.

The built in is Slacker Plus right? Or you got Premium? For Plus, I don't think you could choose the specific song. You could say a song's name, but it will just start a station inspired by that song. It may play that song to start; it may play that song after a few songs, or it may never play that song. But if you upgrade to Premium, then either it will find that song or it won't if it is not in the catalog.
We just have the default(Plus? Definitely not premium)