Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recently introduced serious software bug [with auto wipers]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 3 weeks ago our Model 3 wipers came on one am without any moisture on the windshield. To avoid damage to the windshield while trying to understand the cause, I turned the wipers fully off. Now, in light moisture, in mode 1, they run after wiping the windshield dry -- a real pain in the a__ in light rain. la, below. After requesting Service, a service rep said that it was a known error introduced with a recent update! We are awaiting a correcting update.

This is not a new thing. There's other threads about the wipers and people reporting these issues. I myself encounter the auto wipers activating in broad sunshine and no rain on a weekly basis. The most annoying thing is that it smears some bugs or bird crap around leaving streaks.

I think we'll be waiting awhile for a corrective measure.

Happening to me with a 3-day old, 2022 Model 3 LR. Couldn’t finish the return home on autopilot/ cruise control (no beta features) without the wipers raw-dogging my windshield constantly. There was sun and washing/resetting did not help.

Only way to turn off the wipers is with autopilot disengaged unfortunately.