Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recently produced Model X batteries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a “G” rev. And battery day was SUPER significant - it’s absolutely fundamental to the future. Nothing disappointing about it at all - I’m more pumped than ever, to be honest. The future is bright and smogless, indeed.

Ok, so yours is with the 250kw theoretical max charge rate? Do you find it has a faster charge curve than what is generally known, or is it just a marketing ploy?

Reactions: dmurphy
Ok, so yours is with the 250kw theoretical max charge rate? Do you find it has a faster charge curve than what is generally known, or is it just a marketing ploy?

Yes, it is the "high speed charging" pack.... We took it on a 6600 mile x-country road trip a few weeks after purchase (1st week in August) so did a bunch of Supercharging ... I found that: a) We didn't cross very many 250kW Superchargers; I think two in the entire trip.... and b) I wasn't really paying much attention to charging speeds.... It honestly made little difference. We were on the "15-20 minute stops more frequently" bandwagon and so - I don't think it matters. What matters - a LOT - is having non-shared stalls at the V3 chargers. That makes a tremendous difference.

Outside of the road trip, I pretty much never Supercharge so can't tell you day-to-day what it'd be like. My 3 is also capable of 250kW charging - don't think I've ever seen it.

• Love
Reactions: emchen
Just got my 2020 and I was CERTAIN I was gonna take delivery on battery day haha. I was also curious if I'd get new battery tech but the hour and a half drive home just showed normal stuff...of course random unlocking of capabilities has happened before.

Interesting, I havent seen that one. Is it in one of his videos? Do you have a link?

Just go to the youtube channel and check the last weeks videos. Due to the limitations of the ccs adapter he was only able to test v2 charging (so no 250kW peaks), but even with the v2 charger 3 - 90% time is now just under 50mins. It used to be bit over an hour for 2019 cars.

I will check as soon as I get it back from the custom shop and notify the board.

Still not back from the shop? I picked up my X a few days ago and it's a G pack rev.

Just go to the youtube channel and check the last weeks videos. Due to the limitations of the ccs adapter he was only able to test v2 charging (so no 250kW peaks), but even with the v2 charger 3 - 90% time is now just under 50mins. It used to be bit over an hour for 2019 cars.

Thanks, found it.

Turn the wheels all the way left and use your phone camera to peek around.
This is what was under the passenger front wheel. There wasn’t anything behind the driver side front wheel.

Attachments

• E60A6538-3250-4A07-9E0E-9BAF0D47175E.jpeg
    E60A6538-3250-4A07-9E0E-9BAF0D47175E.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 102