Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommend an influential person to open up a Tesla Supercharger in Hong Kong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this link on the Tesla site earlier, did anyone here try connecting Tesla with anyone who can help create more supercharging stations around Hong Kong?
Supercharging
It seems by next year we might be totally unable to use Superchargers if they do not keep expanding around Hong Kong.

I'm going to start thinking of some influential people and try and submit them to be harassed by Tesla to open up some better locations!

:)

Probably don't need to harass people - just try asking. That works pretty well. There is a link on the Supercharger page to email them. They do listen to recommendations, I've found.

Just try to be understanding and remember they can only install so many at a time. :)

Pingu, Supercharger is proprietary to Tesla. Elon has in the past said he is willing to allow other EV manufacturers use Superchargers so long as they are willing to help pay for the capital costs. But so far, no other company has stepped up.

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide on the 85D if you are in Hong Kong? Do you mean P85D? I can't imagine four-wheel drive being super useful in Hong Kong, and it's an additional ~6 month wait (not to mention an added cost).

I like the speed and range for the extra cost and it will sell much better on the 2nd hand market.
waiting for me is no problem because I am planning to get the car in 2016 and will order it next year 2015 in July ish
But I will test it out before put down deposit next year when it arrives or just test my friends out he ordered 85+D full option.
1 model I do like to test is the normal suspension and not the air. I bet it has much more body roll in the normal suspension!

I think most Hong Kong people want P85D instead of P85 for 2 major reasons.

1) 3.4s 0-100km, which will be one of the fastest car on the road, although we may never need this speed, but owning it will be "happy and feel good". Any other brands with this speed is at least double the price here; not because they are double better, but the tax is >100% for ICE.

2) improved car interior; these are worth the extra money if anyone buy a "luxury" car. And the 60D and 85D are just tiny different from 2WD variation. (More people will consider 2WD if it also has these improvements.)

The following features are either in production or will be delivered with Dual Motor Model S (as indicated).

• Seat comfort improvements and taller headrests for whiplash protection
  • Improvements for a quieter cabin
  • Wider rear door opening
  • Electrically opening, self-closing charge port door on Dual Motor Model S (delivered with Dual Motor Model S)
  • Increased visor size and larger vanity mirror
  • Parcel shelf and front trunk cargo net now standard
  • Air ionizer and carbon filter for cabin air purity
  • Updated steering column control module
  • Updates to Alcantara interior trim, such as wrapped roof bow and top pad

Probably don't need to harass people - just try asking. That works pretty well. There is a link on the Supercharger page to email them. They do listen to recommendations, I've found.

Just try to be understanding and remember they can only install so many at a time. :)

I am sure "harass" means "asking" in the original post, possibly in a more convincing way though :)

Tesla Motors are not themselves the constraint here, as far as we are informed, they seem quite keen on getting more in. Local regulations/legalities, availability of suitable locations, already crammed and highly demanded parking facilities - there are a lot of things that need to fall into place, especially in Hong Kong.