Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for an Electrician in Hong Kong (Sai Kung)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping the Hong Kong based Tesla 'brains trust' can help with some recommendations. I am looking for a reputable and trusted electrician to check the sockets I have in my home in Sai Kung for their suitability for charging the Roadster I am soon to be taking delivery of (fingers crossed, next weekend). I did contact EV Power, but they wanted $1,000 just to come around to check, which I thought a bit steep. The electrician I usually use has now let me down twice in successive weekends, so I have lost faith in him I am afraid.

I have a couple of 13A sockets outside my home, and one which appears to be a 20A 'switch'. This does not have a socket at the moment, but a switch (it is linked to an aircon inside my home). I don't know if a socket could be made for this, or if it would help me for charging my Roadster. But I'd like to find out.

As I understand it, what is important for charging via a 13A socket is not so much the socket, but the wiring behind. So, I'd like someone to check over that and tell me if it is good enough, or whether I need to upgrade the wiring (and to upgrade it for me if this is possible, and needed).

So, any suggestions for an electrician who might be able to assist very much appreciated. Feel free to PM me, if you'd prefer not to advertise names too broadly.

Many thanks all. And looking forward to joining the Tesla community very shortly.

Volta.