TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recommendation for booster seat usage in 3rd row.

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by JohnSnowNW, Aug 29, 2017.

1. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

As per the title, I was wondering how people are handling adding a booster to the third row. My 5 1/2 year old is currently sitting back there, but the way the seat cushions are built up causes the booster to tilt to the side. I've considered cutting out some cushion material (that we already happen to have) and essentially create a flat seating surface to level it off, but wondering if there isn't a better, or more aesthetically pleasing, solution.

Thanks in advance.

2. DrivingRockies

After buckling, we were able to just push the booster back in place. What brand are you using?

3. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

It's a Graco. It sits flat when he's not in it, but once he's in there he looks like a listing ship after 5 min.

4. commasign

commasign Active Member

• Helpful x 2
  5. DrivingRockies

Interesting. Same one I have. Cloth vs leather seat bolster difference? I have cloth seats.

• Like x 1
  6. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Thanks for the information, it may be better to just order a new seat.

I do have leather seats, but didn't consider there would be that much of a difference.

7. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Thought I'd update:

Went ahead and got the Cosco seat, and it seems like it'll work well, though I think I'll add a bit more padding under the cover. My son seems to like it, and he's no longer listing. Thanks again for the suggestions.

• Like x 1
  8. 3MBYS

3MBYS New Member

Hi I just joined this forum because I'm considering a Model X and was curious to see what issues I may need to consider. There's a booster brand called "clek" that snaps into the "latch" anchor and keeps the seats from shifting around. Wonder how these would do in the 3rd row?

Attached Files:

9. commasign

commasign Active Member

Those should work fine. We have a Graco brand booster that also has latch attachments.