Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for Detail Shop and Opti-Coat Pro in Redmond/Bellevue WA area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
I will be taking delivery of my Tesla in late June. I would immediately like to get it detailed and coated with Opti-Coat Pro. Can anyone recommend a great Detail Shop in the Redmond Bellevue area of Washington?

Thanks in advance,

-rodb

Hey all,
I will be taking delivery of my Tesla in late June. I would immediately like to get it detailed and coated with Opti-Coat Pro. Can anyone recommend a great Detail Shop in the Redmond Bellevue area of Washington?

Thanks in advance,

-rodb

I live right next to NWAS. They are awesome(they did my tint), and so is metropolitan detail. However, I find both of them incredibly expensive, which is completely justifiable. I used this guy, Jared, and he did a wonderful job doing a full detail and opticoat (I bought a loaner so my paint was swirled). Cost me $450, when it would have cost me something like 950 at NWAS. Only downside is that he might be booked for a bit.

Dynamic Mobile Detailing | Home | Kirkland | Seattle

If money is absolutely zero issue, then you are in good hands at either of the above places. They are excellent and have extremely high attention to detail (the wraps done by Northwest auto salon are insane, and they work on incredibly expensive cars all the time). However, for something as simple as a detail and opticoat, I personally looked elsewhere.

I had all mine done at metropolitan detail.
Full xpel wrap (highly recommend this over anything else) comes with free waxes for life
ooticoat
windshield film (saves your windshield from nicks and dings...and it has several times already)

they've waxed my car three times since they did all the initial work in January and my car shines every time I pick it up. Like the above poster said. They aren't cheap, however in my opinion they are worth every penny in their attention to detail.

rodb,

You're getting some good advice here. I'd second everything people have said. I've had work done by both Metropolitan Detail (full Xpel wrap, windshield film, and Opticoat on wheels) and North West Auto Salon (Photosync tint), and they are both top notch and the owners are sticklers for detail. Can't go wrong either way, but indeed they are pricey. You get what you pay for though.

I think for something like paint correction + Opticoat you could do alright someplace else cheaper, but just be careful they know what they are doing. Paint correction if done wrong can remove too much clear coat and permanently damage your finish. Opticoat is a thick, syrupy acrylic and if not applied smoothly and correctly can look bad and need to be polished down to remove and redo. In either case, the cost of correcting bad work far exceeds the cost of getting it done right to start.

I live right next to NWAS. They are awesome(they did my tint), and so is metropolitan detail. However, I find both of them incredibly expensive, which is completely justifiable. I used this guy, Jared, and he did a wonderful job doing a full detail and opticoat (I bought a loaner so my paint was swirled). Cost me $450, when it would have cost me something like 950 at NWAS. Only downside is that he might be booked for a bit.

Dynamic Mobile Detailing | Home | Kirkland | Seattle

If money is absolutely zero issue, then you are in good hands at either of the above places. They are excellent and have extremely high attention to detail (the wraps done by Northwest auto salon are insane, and they work on incredibly expensive cars all the time). However, for something as simple as a detail and opticoat, I personally looked elsewhere.

Hey Jhall118,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post a link to my site and recommend my services on here. I just had a customer mention that he found me through this site, so I searched and found this thread and figured I'd join to personally say thanks. I know that I'm definitely the "little guy" in the detailing world here in the Seattle area compared to places like NWAS and Metropolitan (both shops do sound like they do great work BTW), so I really appreciate any kinds of recommendations. Thanks again!

- Oh, and I hope that road trip went well for you, it sounds like it would have been fun in the new car!

Last edited:
Opt-Coat Pro Install

Hey Jhall118,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post a link to my site and recommend my services on here. I just had a customer mention that he found me through this site, so I searched and found this thread and figured I'd join to personally say thanks. I know that I'm definitely the "little guy" in the detailing world here in the Seattle area compared to places like NWAS and Metropolitan (both shops do sound like they do great work BTW), so I really appreciate any kinds of recommendations. Thanks again!

- Oh, and I hope that road trip went well for you, it sounds like it would have been fun in the new car!

Jarred767

Let me know if you are still doing opti-coat pro in the Seattle area. I need to get it done on my Audi A6.

Thanks

Jarred767

Let me know if you are still doing opti-coat pro in the Seattle area. I need to get it done on my Audi A6.

Thanks

I'm still in the business, and occasionally still use OptiCoat, but have recently switched over to using a new ceramic coating - BeedsHD - this stuff is amazing and leaves your car feeling much slicker than OptiCoat - IMO; it can also be used on ALL exterior surfaces and many interiors ones too. It doesn't have the longevity of OptiCoat Pro, but the permanency of OptiCoat never sat exactly right with me. BeedsHD is still good and will hold up for 3 years - so still blows traditional waxes and sealants out of the water.

Unfortunately, I've actually moved out of the area though and am now detailing down in Bend, OR. If you're ever in the area or have friends that are. Feel free to hit me up! Good luck with it!