TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recommendation for detailer in Columbus Ohio for paint protection film and coating

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by woodturnerdude, Aug 3, 2015.

1. woodturnerdude

I will be receiving my new 70D in late August. I would like recommendations for detailers in Central Ohio that can apply a paint protection film on the front bumper, hood, fenders, and mirrors (basically the front of the car) as well as the rear bumper. I would then like to have paint coating applied to entire car as extra protection of the paint.

Any suggestions for Central Ohio would be great.

2. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

We do have a few installers in the area, click: XPEL Columbus

Both of those installers use a few different companies for clear bra, make sure to ask for XPEL ULTIMATE, so you know you're getting the correct product! :wink:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, or PM us

3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

#3 supratachophobia, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Automotive Appearance Professionals on Indianola seem to be preferred for a lot of high-end cars by private owners and a few high-end dealerships like MAG. I didn't initially go that route, but I'm circling back now that I'm having the hood repainted. FWIW, they did a decent job on the tint, however two bubbles and a hair in the rear window which they didn't have an interest in fixing without charge. Also, subwoofer install by them had great results. I had them follow the write-up on TeslaTap so we all kinda cheated there. Wiring portion was great, but a few trim panels had to be re-adjusted. Don't blame them, I rushed them at the end of that day because I had to get the car home to charge for a trip the following day.

Lyon's Body Shop (6148734865) gave a reasonable quote on the hood re-paint and they also suggested a 3rd party they use for clear bra. Once I get that information, I'll be happy to share it on here. Lyons does have experience with Tesla's specifically.

And Silver Linings Detail does the best job on Opticoat. They are an authorized installer of it; Matt Williams / 6144064186

Also, when you get your car, don't forget about Cars and Coffee every Saturday down at the Lennox Theater parking lot. Abysmal EV attendance, we could use you.

4. supratachophobia

#4 supratachophobia, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    I contacted AAP and they are going to give us a group discount of 15% off clear-bra and tinting. I will say that they suggested something called Lumar over the Xpel. I'm not educated enough to know the difference but they were claiming a lifetime warranty as a selling point.

5. jjchan

jjchan Member

Between what times are these Car & Coffee meetings held on Saturdays?

6. supratachophobia

8-11 roughly. Corvette owners show up early since they are over 70. Subaru guys roll in closer to 11 since they had to get their blaze on first. Lots of nice cars, friendly people (except the mustang owners of course), and good coffee at a discount. You'll see the rare euro cars, some Italian exotics, the nicely modded, the poorly modded, and occasionally the zombie killing car shows up.

Just overall clean, free fun.