Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for electrician and rates in Houston Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please can you recommend a good electrician in Woodlands/Houston Tx Area for Tesla Wall Connector and circuit breaker installation. Did you choose 8.5' cable or 24' cable? What did you pay for the work?

I don’t know why anyone would want the 8.5ft cable...
I chose the 8.5ft cable. I don’t know why I need a longer one.. my car will always be in the same spot to charge. (About 3 feet between charging port and HPWC) No need for extra clutter in the garage.

I can see an advantage of the 24 ft cord if you only have 1 HPWC and own multiple Teslas or have people visiting with a Tesla.

I used Cham's Electrical Services - guy is really great. I would definitely recommend him. I got a 14-50 outlet - the installation fee would have been around $350 if I put it right next to the box, but I wanted to park my car in another spot - so he added 300 for a 30 ft extension to another parking spot - so I paid $650, but yours could be a lot cheaper depending on your garage set up. P.S. I live in the woodlands - he's from Sugarland but does a lot of work in the Woodlands.

I used Cham's Electrical Services - guy is really great. I would definitely recommend him. I got a 14-50 outlet - the installation fee would have been around $350 if I put it right next to the box, but I wanted to park my car in another spot - so he added 300 for a 30 ft extension to another parking spot - so I paid $650, but yours could be a lot cheaper depending on your garage set up. P.S. I live in the woodlands - he's from Sugarland but does a lot of work in the Woodlands.

Same here, I used Cham’s, and live in the Woodlands (long drive for home but he scheduled when he has other work in the area).

I had already pulled a 100 amp cable from my install location to the breaker last year when I had some remodel work being done. So pretty easy job for him. He added a 60 amp breaker to my panel, mounted the wall connector and terminated everything.

Green light on the charger says it was done correctly, still no car to test with though.

Work was completed in about an hour for $300. I highly recommend him.