TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

recommendation for electrician in Metrowest Mass

Discussion in 'New England' started by theLuggage, Nov 30, 2015.

1. theLuggage

theLuggage Member

Hi,

I just ordered my Model S. I can't hardly wait!

I just wondered if anyone could recommend an electrician to install the NEMA 14-50 plug in my garage. I'm looking for someone in the metrowest area. I live in Marlborough.

Thanks!

2. tliving

tliving Member

I'd recommend John Manning from Douglas MA. He did my NEMA 14-50 and other work for a bathroom remodel etc. Great guy and very reasonable.

DM for his contact info if you want it.

I wrote about my install experience here:
    Delivery Preparations | Tesla Living

It cost me $675 but it can vary greatly depending on your infrastructure, where the plug is etc.

3. theLuggage

theLuggage Member

Scott came this morning. I can tell he's very conscientious. Hopefully his estimate is good.

Thnx for the recommendation.

4. tga

tga Active Member

This morning Scott texted me a photo of a HPWC install he did, so he's got at least one under his belt (50A circuit, with a 50A breaker next to the HPWC as an emergency shutoff).

5. TSLAX

TSLAX Member

I know a great electrician in the metrowest area. He has done a few installs in the Westford, Ma area. His website is Bob Prescott, Value Electric

6. theLuggage

theLuggage Member

Yep. That's the install he did for me. Thanks for the recommendation. He did a great job. Since I'm not an electrician, I wasn't able to answer most of the questions he asked. He actually called Tesla to make sure he was following the recommendations. He wasn't the cheapest quote I got, but I felt like he would do a quality job. I'm glad I chose him.