Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

recommendation for electrician in Metrowest Mass

theLuggage

May 29, 2015
Marlborough, MA
Hi,

I just ordered my Model S. I can't hardly wait!

I just wondered if anyone could recommend an electrician to install the NEMA 14-50 plug in my garage. I'm looking for someone in the metrowest area. I live in Marlborough.

Thanks!

tliving

Mar 8, 2014
New England, USA
I'd recommend John Manning from Douglas MA. He did my NEMA 14-50 and other work for a bathroom remodel etc. Great guy and very reasonable.

DM for his contact info if you want it.

I wrote about my install experience here:
Delivery Preparations | Tesla Living

It cost me $675 but it can vary greatly depending on your infrastructure, where the plug is etc.

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
Highly, highly recommend Scott Mahaney, R.S. Mahaney Electric. [email protected], (617) 592-8227. He's in Marlboro. Tell him Greg from Monday night golf referred you.
This morning Scott texted me a photo of a HPWC install he did, so he's got at least one under his belt (50A circuit, with a 50A breaker next to the HPWC as an emergency shutoff).

theLuggage

May 29, 2015
Marlborough, MA
This morning Scott texted me a photo of a HPWC install he did, so he's got at least one under his belt (50A circuit, with a 50A breaker next to the HPWC as an emergency shutoff).

Yep. That's the install he did for me. Thanks for the recommendation. He did a great job. Since I'm not an electrician, I wasn't able to answer most of the questions he asked. He actually called Tesla to make sure he was following the recommendations. He wasn't the cheapest quote I got, but I felt like he would do a quality job. I'm glad I chose him.

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
I'm getting ready to install a HPWC for my model 3.
Does anybody have any updated recommendations for electricians in the area?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC