Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for electrician to install 240V outlet in Howard County, MD?

bro1999

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
Hello,

I received my Tesla Gen 2 Mobile Connector this weekend, and am planning on getting a 240V outlet (NEMA 14-50) installed. If anyone in the area has a recommendation for an electrician, it'd be most appreciated. Thanks! I figure I need an outlet wired for 40A, as the MC is rated at 32A max.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
You actually need a 50 A circuit, per code, as a 14-50 is defined as a 50 A outlet. Also, it will be wired with a neutral, even though the UMC doesn't use one. Any electrician can wire a 14-50, and probably cheaper, just be sure the neutral socket is down on the socket to match the UMC's plug (to reduce stress on the cable).

See Flasher's FAQ in my sig for much more detail!

• Informative
Reactions: bro1999

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC