Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for PPF installation in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should be picking up my Model X late this month and I'm trying to narrow down installers for PPF on the car. I think the plan is to get a full wrap on the car. I don't think it matters if it's SunTek vs. Xpel, rather I just want to find someone who does a good job and stands by their work. Anyone have recommendations in the Austin area that have been very happy with the work done?

I'm not considering driving to Dallas/Houston/San Antonion since that'd almost defeat the purpose since I think it's safe to assume it'll get all scratched and nicked by the time I get there with the way our roads are.

Thanks!

XPEL factory shop on N. Lamar. They also did paint correction, ceramic coating, and window film on my Model 3 if you’re interested in that. They had 25% off just on the PPF for Tesla this spring, don’t know if they’re still doing that discount, but they always have 10% off everything for the local Tesla group.

Reactions: swb2734
XPEL factory shop on N. Lamar. They also did paint correction, ceramic coating, and window film on my Model 3 if you’re interested in that. They had 25% off just on the PPF for Tesla this spring, don’t know if they’re still doing that discount, but they always have 10% off everything for the local Tesla group.
Thanks for the info! I'll contact Duane again as it's getting closer for me to make a decision. So far, he's the only guy that installs XPEL as the rest seem to specialize in SunTek. I'm primarily looking at it to protect my X from road rash and chips, so I'm starting to think XPEL might be better than SunTek from that perspective.

@buddwm was your install hand cut ? ...the dirt comes typically cuz installer doesn’t wet down area around car when installing ..very easy for particles to get caught up under fender...I would take back and have them redo the overlaps seems like a rushed install .. @TexasRat i would pick a film product u want first as there are differences in look, thickness and glossiness..than research from yelp...sometimes these vendors when they get a rush of referrals from forums get busy and may not do as good work ..plus sometimes they apply the “Tesla tax”

@buddwm was your install hand cut ? ...the dirt comes typically cuz installer doesn’t wet down area around car when installing ..very easy for particles to get caught up under fender...I would take back and have them redo the overlaps seems like a rushed install .. @TexasRat i would pick a film product u want first as there are differences in look, thickness and glossiness..than research from yelp...sometimes these vendors when they get a rush of referrals from forums get busy and may not do as good work ..plus sometimes they apply the “Tesla tax”

Yeah. I had decided that I was most interested in XPEL but there didn't seem to be many places that actually did the work in Austin. A lot of places do SunTek around here. I saw a lot of cars in the XPEL Austin shop and they looked really good. The shop looked good and clean, and the installers seemed to do a good job. As far as the "Tesla tax" I'm not sure if the price is unreasonable. A full wrap was about $4400?

Soon to-be new M3P owner here. Is XPEL still the best shop in town or are there other recommendations I should consider? Also, I commonly travel on MoPac and am thinking about getting the front half of the car wrapped. Is that sufficient for the M3 or are there other parts of the car I should consider?

Thanks,
Randy

Soon to-be new M3P owner here. Is XPEL still the best shop in town or are there other recommendations I should consider? Also, I commonly travel on MoPac and am thinking about getting the front half of the car wrapped. Is that sufficient for the M3 or are there other parts of the car I should consider?

Thanks,
Randy
Brian Daly at Austin Detailing is great, I just had my tint done there and am now going back for PPF and ceramic coating. Really good work and other strong referrals.

Reactions: LonghornBoy
I’m researching for my white MY I commute on I-14 and I’m torn between vinyl or ppf. Closest shop is in cove but thinking about getting work done in Austin. I’ve heard about Austin detailing. Has anyone used the shop? Do the wrap around the edges? And would u lean towards the vinyl or ppf and about how much was the cost at Austin detailing

I’m researching for my white MY I commute on I-14 and I’m torn between vinyl or ppf. Closest shop is in cove but thinking about getting work done in Austin. I’ve heard about Austin detailing. Has anyone used the shop? Do the wrap around the edges? And would u lean towards the vinyl or ppf and about how much was the cost at Austin detailing

I’ve used Brian he’s a stand up guy. I had authentic details do my first ppf and it’s coming up. The hood is the only wrapped edge. It’s also hard for you to wrap certain types of ppf and stay down without “glue”. I had Brian ppf my rocker panels and redid some of the old PPF.

Reactions: SoRandom