Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for PPF installation in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve used Brian he’s a stand up guy. I had authentic details do my first ppf and it’s coming up. The hood is the only wrapped edge. It’s also hard for you to wrap certain types of ppf and stay down without “glue”. I had Brian ppf my rocker panels and redid some of the old PPF.

Do you know how much a full car PPF cost at Austin Detailing? I was about to go to Authentic Details, but now a little hesitant seeing that your experience with their quality of work wasn't the greatest.

ugh, still getting used to keyboard shortcuts on this editor haha.
I am planning to do a full wrap on my model X (hopefully will get delivered end of month). I will check Austin Detailing. Also graphic guys and illeet auto wraps popped up on google. Wondering if anyone was experience with them. I ask b/c they have pics of wraps done w/ Model X. I've heard that b/c of front radar, certain wraps (like metallic ones) need to be used with caution.

I’ve used Brian he’s a stand up guy. I had authentic details do my first ppf and it’s coming up. The hood is the only wrapped edge. It’s also hard for you to wrap certain types of ppf and stay down without “glue”. I had Brian ppf my rocker panels and redid some of the old PPF.

Hi WingWing,

This is Brad McRae, owner of Authentic Details. I was quite surprised to hear about your experience and sorry to hear you had some film lifting on your car, it does happen from time to time, but it is rare. Since I am not sure who you are, I'd like to hear from you to rectify the situation somehow so please reach out anytime and I'd be glad to personally look over your PPF and see if there are opportunities for improvement - regardless of if we did the work.

We tell every customer when they leave with their Tesla - if there are ANY issues at all, you will always be taken care of - no matter what, no arguments. I ask of anyone that has any work done, with Authentic Details or any other shop that they always go back for issues to ask for resolution. We deeply believe in treating every customer the way we'd expect to be treated and that means full support from our team.

If you love quality work, and really want an OCD level install - here are some pics of what you want all of your corners, edges and body lines to look like on your Teslas. This is up close and personal of a stealth conversion on a Model Y from 2 weeks ago. If you want the highest possible quality, this is what you should expect from your installer.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg