Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for recovery service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a flat tyre last week I discovered that my 4-yr used car warranty had expired and so, whilst Tesla roadside helpfully arranged a flatbed transfer of my car back to my home, I had to pay the 3rd party for it. Not cheap.

What does the forum recommend going forward ?

Is there a good get-you-back-home offer from a roadside service that anyone can recommend ? (AA/RAC, etc,.)

After a flat tyre last week I discovered that my 4-yr used car warranty had expired and so, whilst Tesla roadside helpfully arranged a flatbed transfer of my car back to my home, I had to pay the 3rd party for it. Not cheap.

What does the forum recommend going forward ?

Is there a good get-you-back-home offer from a roadside service that anyone can recommend ? (AA/RAC, etc,.)

Which magazine tested a few services and recommended Car Breakdown Cover & UK Wide Recovery from £19.75/year | startrescue.co.uk they are remarkable value but I've never had to use them (and hope I won't have to) so I can't honestly say how wonderful or not they are!

Which magazine tested a few services and recommended Car Breakdown Cover & UK Wide Recovery from £19.75/year | startrescue.co.uk they are remarkable value but I've never had to use them (and hope I won't have to) so I can't honestly say how wonderful or not they are!
Have been with Start Rescue for a few years now. Although I haven’t had to use them yet (thankfully) for any EV related issues, they came out to a tyre blowout I had years ago in a previous car, and recovered my wife’s car to a local garage of my choice when she accidentally managed to fill her petrol car with diesel!

In my experience, they offer good service from a network of local recovery operators, and are significantly cheaper than the quoted prices of the AA and RAC.

I've been with RAC for many years. They're probably not the cheapest but they cover all my cars under the one umbrella and have been out 3 times in the last 5 years (not for the tesla) and recovered to garage of my choice when needed.

I have Autoaid, never needed to use their service yet so I don't know how good their service is when you need them. Its an annual payment currently £61.49 includes recovery, the best bit is you as a person are covered so it matters not who's car you are in - its covered and it automatically provides cover for your spouse and their car - so one policy and both covered.
I've had AA and RAC, get a good deal until renewal and then they up their price - so used to keep swapping between them and Green Flag even though I've never needed any of them. Also insure via LV and for an EV they provide a free recovery for EVs if you run out of electricity - again, never used.

Rescuemycar warning, they don't cover you if you haven't a puncture repair kit in the vehicle which as we know doesn't come with the car. I found out the hard way fortunately puncture was at home but they wouldn't come out. I believe the tyre goop doesn't work well with our foam filled tyres anyway!