Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for seat belt plug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Middle row has car seats and drives me nuts when it shows no belt buckled.

Can anyone recommend plugs to suppress the warning?

Thanks
Only happens with my infant baby carrier seat. I don’t remember seeing that in my 2016 back then. It’s happening with my 3rd kid in the 2018. Maybe I have to adjust it. The other 2 front facing / rear facing don’t have that issue.

EMT here. Just ran a call on our Beltway last week and our patients' car (not a Tesla) hit from behind at 45 MPH then hit car in front. All airbags deployed. Moms injuries consistent with seatbelt abdomen and airbag chest pain but otherwise ok. 20 month and 3 year old in rear car seats that were properly secured and belted and installed properly acted perfectly and they were uninjured.

Point of my post.... Make sure everyone that you install your seats properly and ask FD or PD if you need assistance.

Also if you didn't know, if you ever get in accident the child seats must be replaced as they are deemed "spent" and consumed by the accident. There is a presumption that the seats absorbed the shock and must be placed out of service.

A compatible seatbelt extension will work, and be useful when the car seat rides upgrade to boosters. I bought mine through amazon a seller called grea travel I think
Not sure why the EMT that commented after you didn't point this out, but I believe using extenders with booster seats can defeat the purpose of the booster seats and makes them unsafe, so be careful with this advice.

OP: I have this problem often with all of our car seats that can still use LATCH. I don't like putting the seat belt behind them (and in fact, it might be considered an improper install to do so), but that's what I've been doing. I saw a recommendation on reddit once that was for sale at walmart.com, but I didn't save the link. Anyone not having this problem probably has one of the following:
  • Some sort of seat protector that is preventing the weight sensor from seeing the seat and may or may not make the seat less safe.
  • A car seat that has legs instead of a flat base and therefore isn't putting pressure on the weight sensor.
  • A car seat that isn't properly installed and will move more than it should be able to, making it less safe.