Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for skin protection without tinting the windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC members Just got a fix-it ticket here in Arizona for the windshield tint(70% Xpel),
I am planning to remove the windshield tint asap to get the ticket fixed. at the same time, I was trying to see the recommendation from you about what are the other options we could have here for skin protection if we can not tint the windows at all? Especially during the summer 😅

Not sure what you are looking for. If you are not going to tint the windshield (for whatever reason) the only other "skin protection" option you have is to cover your skin.

I have read that some people go to a dermatologist and get a prescription for sensitive skin or something, but there is no other option I can think of for "skin protection" other than to tint the windows or cover your skin. Its not like you can put a windshield sunscreen up while you drive or something.

On the side windows you can buy those suction cup screens or something, but there isnt any option that works for the windshield while you drive.

Reactions: jacie6056
Hi TMC members Just got a fix-it ticket here in Arizona for the windshield tint(70% Xpel),
I am planning to remove the windshield tint asap to get the ticket fixed. at the same time, I was trying to see the recommendation from you about what are the other options we could have here for skin protection if we can not tint the windows at all? Especially during the summer 😅
Glass doesn’t pass much UVA.

@jacie6056 assuming @OsoFlaca is correct, you don't need anything. But just by way of information they do make IR reflecting tint that does not reduce visible light transmission. I had this installed on the South facing side of my house and even in the Summer on a bright day there is no heat transmission into my home.

Ask a reputable tint shop for the highest % ceramic window tint they have, and apply to all glass.