TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recommendation of electrician in Boston area?

Discussion in 'New England' started by ADN_ModelS, Jul 26, 2012.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I did 6-50 because I plan on HPWC. Both the 6-50 and the HPWC require only 3 wires whereas the 14-50 requires 4 wires. So it's cheaper to run a 6-50. You'd need the 6-50 adapter of course.
    For shorter runs, it doesn't save that much (though does reduce the size of the required conduit). Something to the tune of a buck a foot.

2. ShortArc

ShortArc Member

Walter installed my HPWC today. It was it tight corner.
    1" SS Flex came in handy (much more flexible than galvi).
    Here are a couple pics. Cheers.

IMG_1217_s.jpeg IMG_1220_s.jpeg

3. Silege

Silege Member

Joe DeCampo, (781) 316-6980 did an excellent job for me. Fist with the 40A, and now with the 80A. Spoke several times with Tesla, now very knowledgeable.

4. bosgig

bosgig Member

I used John Vespa, who was very diligent and did a good job, and was also the low bidder of the 3 bids I got. A friend also used him, on my recommendation, so at this point he's familiar with the job. Neither of us got the HPWC, though, so that presumably would still be a learning experience.

5. RClarkP85

RClarkP85 Member

I recommend Richard Puliafico out of North Reading. Puliafico Electrical. R.J. Puliafico – Electrician, North Reading MA . He can install both HPWC and any lower amp set up. He actually set mine up for a phase 1: 6-15 and phase 2: HPWC . 978-664-5199. You can name drop me if you feel weird about cold calling.

Side note. I park on the right side of a 2 spot garage. He even built a small wall where one didnt exist rather than strapping a board onto the supports that run down the middle of the garage. Looks great.

Ryan

6. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I just had Rob Pagliuca -- a high school friend of a good colleague of mine -- do a 100 -> 200A service upgrade and HPC install (and generator interlock + input). It's not 100% done yet (mostly patch things up) -- it took him and his good buddy master electrician 14 hours today and after all is done, it'll only be $3500 for everything (would have been 2800 without the generator input and interlock). Great guy and knows his stuff. He loves the car and now has done the HPC (I brain dumped everything I know about the car and HPC that he needs to know to him). Highly recommended. The 14 hours wasn't slacking off (I watched the entire time) -- it was a very complex swap out of the panel and getting the ground rods into the frozen ground was tough, etc ...

Robert Pagliuca Master Electrician | Billerica, MA 01821 | Angies List

He welcomes additional requests for HPC installs :)