Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation on a place in Northern Virginia for putting a new tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a replacement tire for my Model S 70D. Had someone come over to install it but it looked he didnt know what he was doing. He asked me to put the car in jack mode but when I looked in 'Controls', I dont see an option for 'Suspension'. Need your help on below 2 questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a place in Northern Virginia where I can take my Model S with the new tire and get it installed. Need a place where they have have replaced tires for Tesla so they know what they are doing.
2. How do I get to the 'Suspension' option? I dont see it in 'Controls'.

Do you have air suspension? If you do it should have a jack mode otherwise the car compensates and lowers the wheels I think. So jack mode locks the air suspension. If you don’t have air suspension you should be able to just jack up the car like normal. NTB can do it if you want a reputable place but there is really not much to it.

So are you saying that if I dont see the 'Suspension' option in my 'Controls', then I dont have air suspension. If I dont have air suspension, do I need to do anything to have the person change the tire or they just put the jack and get it done?

@MrKool you mentioned NTB as a reputable place that knows what they are doing when it comes to changing a tire for Model S. Are you referring to the NTB in Fairfax or just any NTB?

I have a Goodyear shop and they change alot of tires, NTB is popular amongst people that dont want to go the dealer route. And yes you should just jack up your car and that should be it. I am guessing the guy who was working on your car had only worked on air suspension Tesla's before and they require a jack mode. You can also look up this information using your infotainment screen and hitting the manual (open book looking icon) button.

If you want a high end shop in the Sterling / Dulles area I will recommend Mach V Motorsports. They deal with luxury, exotic, and tuner cars.

It sounds like that might be overkill for your current situation though...