Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation on Tesla Wall Charger installers in Toronto, ON area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the recommended company from Tesla website. I did call 2 different technicians when I typed in Google "EV Car Charger Installer" to compare the differences and price. But their price was more or less the same but they are not listed on Tesla website. So I just went for the one Tesla I guess "Certified"?

I used the recommended company from Tesla website. I did call 2 different technicians when I typed in Google "EV Car Charger Installer" to compare the differences and price. But their price was more or less the same but they are not listed on Tesla website. So I just went for the one Tesla I guess "Certified"?
I am comparing the "Tesla-suggested" installers. Which one did you go with....and what is your experience with that company?

I'm here in BC, Canada. I end up using Motte Electric GP. I'm pretty happy with the tech and the price. I chose them because I know one of their tech lives across the park on the other side and when I go to walk my Dog I always see their van "Motte Electric" and he was the tech that came by to do the installation too lol

If you don’t need to run wire far from the panel and have basic handyman skills it’s not that hard to do it yourself unless you are living is comi state where they make you pass inspection for this. Just do research and watch vids on YouTube.

If you don’t need to run wire far from the panel and have basic handyman skills it’s not that hard to do it yourself unless you are living is comi state where they make you pass inspection for this. Just do research and watch vids on YouTube.
Need to run just under 40 feet. Cracking open the fuse box to install 60 amp breakers is not my cup of tea, as I do have an innate fear of electrocution.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I used Plugz; I contacted 2 companies from the Tesla website, got estimates, and went with them. They installed my Wall Connector earlier this week, actually, and were fast, friendly, and did (as far as I can see) a good job. No complaints, nice guys, and did it within a week or two of our agreement. I'd recommend.

I used Plugz; I contacted 2 companies from the Tesla website, got estimates, and went with them. They installed my Wall Connector earlier this week, actually, and were fast, friendly, and did (as far as I can see) a good job. No complaints, nice guys, and did it within a week or two of our agreement. I'd recommend.
Thanks for the recommendation...Plugz is one of the companies under consideration. Will have work done in a couple weeks and will post the result.

I also used Plugz. They completed the install last week - it was a smooth and simple experience.

I had 4 quotes total, including going to costco and random electrician used by friends. Decided to go to Plugz and didn't regret it.