TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Recommendations for a Houston area window tint?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by George Jetson, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

I see a lot of EVS motors as a forum vendor. Any actual owners have experience with them? Others? I've pretty much narrowed my choices to Huper Optik Ceramic, Photosync or CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic. According to EVS, they are the only authorized installer of Huper in the State.

Thanks for your suggestions.

• Helpful x 1
  2. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

I don't know but I am interested in the answer also as I am expecting delivery next week.

• Helpful x 1
  3. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

I love my Huper Optik tint installed by EVS. In the same building is Vivë who applied my CQuartz Finest. I'm most of the way thru my third year with these products and they have exceeded my expectations.

I will recommend the fine young folks at Vivë and EVS all day long. Anson helped me choose the products. (The Service Center knows and spoke well of him too, that helped)
    More importantly - they treat my daughter and her Corolla with fully the same respect as me and my supercar. Go have a chat with them, there'll be no pressure. There WILL be Teslas in the parking lot or service bay - they do a ton of 'em!

• Like x 2
  4. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

I stopped by EVS yesterday. They have really good sales going on with their tint now. They gave me a couple of options I am thinking about. Their clear bra product ClearGuard Nano is top notch but more than I want to spend for front end protection. I wish they had a cheaper alternative.

• Like x 1
  5. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

Yes, I saw that on their FB page. This weekend they are having another one of their "Cars&Caffeine" events. I won't have my MS yet, but I might just cruise on by and check it out. This is a great time of year to get the work done, I'm sure its really slow for them right now and they are incented to offer good discounts to keep their crew busy. Vendor - Cars & Caffeine at EVS Motors

6. Beryl

Beryl Member

I can't recommend John Gray of Gulf Coast AutoShield enough. Tinting, coating, accessory installs -- he handles whatever I need done on my Tesla.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

Yeah, I stopped by John today. He pretty much sold me. He spoke really highly of the new Xpel auto tint also. Said it has heat rejection equal to or greater than Crystalline.

8. SLRPWR

SLRPWR New Member

I may be a bit too late to this discussion, however I am starting to find interest in getting clear bra on my Model X and heard that I should reach out to John Gray. Does anyone care to share their experience with John Gray? Is pricing fair? Good quality?

• Like x 1
  9. namlio

namlio Member

I had John apply OptiCoat Pro to my Model S just over a year ago. I found him open and honest. The price was reasonable compared to others. He had me come back for the first wash so he could show me the how to do it properly and helped me select and order the right supplies using his discount. He was recommended by other Tesla owners and I would recommend him as well.

I did use EVS to install my dash cam and was happy with the price and the installation.

• Like x 1
  10. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

#10 EVS Motors, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    We appreciate the positive comments. We definitely strive to offer the best customer service experience.

11. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Just wanted to update anyone that is interested in window tints still that we are currently have a closeout sale on Huper Optik Window Tints from $150 for all sides and rears for any model Tesla.