Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for a Used 2019/2020 S with Comfortable suspension and without a driveline vibration at 40mph.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a used Model S with the most comfortable suspension and no driveline vibration. I have read numerous posts and I'm trying to determine the sweet spot in cars to get the ones that would fit these two requirements.

Suspension:
There is Smart Air suspension and Adaptive Suspension.
a) Is the Smart Air suspension smoother then Adaptive?
b) Is the Adapter suspension the same in the Raven and Palladium cars?

Driveline Vibration:
Pladdium and newer is out until they can fix the 40mph vibration.
Are there issues to consider on the 2019/2020 pre/post Raven?

I'm thinking this might be a mid-2019 before Raven. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Smart Air Suspension = pre-Raven. Adaptive Air Suspension = Raven. My Raven rides noticeably more smoothly than may previous 15D (and if comfort is your priority you definitely want 19" wheels). No driveline vibration that I've noticed, although I did have to get the "death rattle" driveshaft noise fixed - under warranty, thankfully. No other Raven issues that I can think of, they're pretty solid IMHO.

Good luck with your search!

Smart Air Suspension = pre-Raven. Adaptive Air Suspension = Raven. My Raven rides noticeably more smoothly than may previous 15D (and if comfort is your priority you definitely want 19" wheels). No driveline vibration that I've noticed, although I did have to get the "death rattle" driveshaft noise fixed - under warranty, thankfully. No other Raven issues that I can think of, they're pretty solid IMHO.

Thanks, Jimmy. That's good feedback. Much appreciated!

I'm looking for a used Model S with the most comfortable suspension and no driveline vibration. I have read numerous posts and I'm trying to determine the sweet spot in cars to get the ones that would fit these two requirements.

Suspension:
There is Smart Air suspension and Adaptive Suspension.
a) Is the Smart Air suspension smoother then Adaptive?
b) Is the Adapter suspension the same in the Raven and Palladium cars?

Driveline Vibration:
Pladdium and newer is out until they can fix the 40mph vibration.
Are there issues to consider on the 2019/2020 pre/post Raven?

I'm thinking this might be a mid-2019 before Raven. Thoughts?

Thanks!
I may have what you are looking for. Pics on FB marketplace. Michael Jurkovic - Hoffman Estates, IL.

CB0EC291-5803-4A2C-BBE6-B1519322B632.jpeg

Attachments

• 10CA80EF-CDED-419C-90F1-93A3A48814C1.jpeg
    10CA80EF-CDED-419C-90F1-93A3A48814C1.jpeg
    746.3 KB · Views: 42