Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Best Windshield and Pano Roof Sunscreens?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Tesla Glass Roof Sunshade (Front), but needed more shade for Sun City, CA so I split a windshield sunshade (by Amazon Basics) and put it on top of the Tesla shade, silver side facing the roof.

I can say that it blocks sunlight pretty good, with some heat radiation but significantly less than just the Tesla shade on.

Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074JJWHMM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_DkSRCbSNRXG80

20190402_184307.jpg
20190402_184325.jpg

Covercraft UVS100 is my pick for windshield screen.

+1

I got used to using the covercraft products for my BMWs (they make the BMW branded one sold in BMW dealership part departments). They work GREAT, they just take up a bunch of space when not in use, since they "fan" closed but dont "fold" after that so their length is something you have to always account for.

Couple that with the huge Model 3 front window (bigger than my Wifes BMW X3 by a bunch for example), and you have a long windscreen that has to be laid down in the rear footwell. Its worth it though if you are someplace hot, as it blocks a TON of heat.

I also got 3m crystalline tint all the way around my car, including 70% on the windshield (darker on the rest of the windows). I recommend getting tint all around, including glass roof, and that windscreen, but not worrying about getting a screen for the glass roof.

2018 Tesla Model 3 Sedan Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade

I bought one of these and it fits perfectly. I also used one of these in my Volvo for years when I lived in Hawaii.

They're custom cut so they fit perfectly. Held in place by folding down your sun visor. They are very sturdy and reflect a significant amount of heat.

It's best for serious applications. I've tried the fold-able solutions others have mentioned and while they are much better than nothing, they are not in th
zqWYo2FmxVicew9r8
e same class as Heat Shield's products, in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: MaryAnning3