Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for body repair shops in northern NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife backed into the fence that runs along our driveway and created the damage to the driver's side rear bumper, etc. as shown in the attached picture. The first quote I received for repairs is nearly $5k?!. The parking sensor just was knocked in and works fine. Any suggestions for body shops near me (Bergen County, NJ). Thanks.
IMG_0001 (1).jpg

I also need a recommendation for a body shop in northern NJ. Has anyone used Mountain View in the Ridgewood location? Or Prestige Collision in Paramus? I think the Paramus SC is not a collision repair center?

Not the right part of North Jersey, but I had some a-pillar and windshield damage repaired by D&M Auto Body in Rockaway, NJ. They are a certified Tesla shop. Did a good job. Not perfect, but cannot complain.

Collision Restoration in Fairlawn. They’re off of 46 (close to willowbrook mall) they are Tesla certified body shop, the owner Eddie is fantastic, and they will absolutely have your car looking like new. There is also a Tesla rental company next door that you can pay out of pocket and have your insurance company reimburse you if you have rental coverage.

Can’t recommend them enough, they are top notch and the amount of Tesla Vehicles on their repair lot speaks volumes about their knowledge.

I hit a deer back in November, brought my car to them and couldn’t be happier that I did. They also fixed all my panel gaps and had them looking better than before the car went in!

Edit: if you have State Farm they are also an in-network body shop meaning State Farm will directly pay them at a pre-negotiated rate, the whole process was very easy

Attachments

• 886EF144-7234-4475-953A-023540B239AC.jpeg
    886EF144-7234-4475-953A-023540B239AC.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 2449011F-125E-4AC9-A121-D174CE3F660B.jpeg
    2449011F-125E-4AC9-A121-D174CE3F660B.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 57
  • C0F3E4DA-9D62-49B3-8AC2-22F3D205BD3B.jpeg
    C0F3E4DA-9D62-49B3-8AC2-22F3D205BD3B.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 9DB87D79-E9F8-4FAC-AD45-304749EE5641.jpeg
    9DB87D79-E9F8-4FAC-AD45-304749EE5641.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 235B3C4C-8EFA-4F7E-BA30-49920E8F8FDD.jpeg
    235B3C4C-8EFA-4F7E-BA30-49920E8F8FDD.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Reactions: mswhite2010
Collision Restoration in Fairlawn. They’re off of 46 (close to willowbrook mall) they are Tesla certified body shop, the owner Eddie is fantastic, and they will absolutely have your car looking like new. There is also a Tesla rental company next door that you can pay out of pocket and have your insurance company reimburse you if you have rental coverage.

Can’t recommend them enough, they are top notch and the amount of Tesla Vehicles on their repair lot speaks volumes about their knowledge.

I hit a deer back in November, brought my car to them and couldn’t be happier that I did. They also fixed all my panel gaps and had them looking better than before the car went in!

Edit: if you have State Farm they are also an in-network body shop meaning State Farm will directly pay them at a pre-negotiated rate, the whole process was very easy
Is this Fairlawn or Fairfield? There is Collision Restoration in Fairfield, NJ. Is this the shop you recommend?

Reactions: PauliePucks
Yes, that’s them. It’s Fairfield, sorry my original post must have autocorrected. They’re off Clinton Road on 46. Ask for Nikki, she’s the office manager there. Sorry for the confusion!!
Thanks, someone run a stop sign in front of me and got me good, so I need front bumper and headlight and possibly frunk cover replaced (and who knows what else). Fairfield is an hour away from me, but could be worth for good service. The Paramus one told me a month wait for an estimate. Such a hassle.

Thanks, someone run a stop sign in front of me and got me good, so I need front bumper and headlight and possibly frunk cover replaced (and who knows what else). Fairfield is an hour away from me, but could be worth for good service. The Paramus one told me a month wait for an estimate. Such a hassle.
Sorry to hear!!! You’ll be happy with CR, They’re fantastic. Just be prepared to wait a bit on parts. Not much you can do there. They’re a very busy tesla repair shop so they do get stuff in quick. You’ll also get emails from tesla with parts order updates and eta which is helpful to gauge time. If you need a tesla rental they have a person who can set you up (I had rental coverage w State Farm, they paid 80% of my rental costs up to $1500, my rental costs were about $1900 for 32 days for a ‘21 model 3 SR) CR split the $400 out of pocket difference with me as well because my repair took longer.

Paramus SC is awful. Springfield is way better since they moved across on 22 (they’re on the westbound side now)

Thank you for this. I have damage in the exact same place for the exact same reason and have the same vehicle and insurance as you so this was extremely helpful! Calling them now!

Reactions: PauliePucks
Thank you for this. I have damage in the exact same place for the exact same reason and have the same vehicle and insurance as you so this was extremely helpful! Calling them now!
Awesome! Nikki is amazing she will get everything done for you. There is a tesla rental next door (his name is Bob) you can ask Nikki for his info!

Good luck, glad this helped!