TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recommendations for car shipping

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Argelius, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Argelius

Argelius Member

I am going to be moving from Illinois to California in the next 6-8 months and am starting to plan the logistics of it all.

Can anyone recommend a car transportation company? This is entirely uncharted territory for me, so I'm clueless about what to ask/look for.

My Model S will definitely be shipped. I'm also considering having our other car shipped as well (rather than driving it); don't know if companies offer bulk discounts. ;-)

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

PlyCar handles a lot of Teslas so they are familiar with them. I've used them recently and they did a good job. I'm sure there are many good companies though.

3. wcalvin

wcalvin Member

Hard to find one without a broker like Montway (extra $200) but, once you like one, you can bypass broker next time.