Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Ceramic Coating in Portland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my black M3 for a few weeks and realize that not coating it is a bad idea. So I'm trying to find a coater in Portland, Oregon. Also trying to decide on Ceramic Pro or Opticoat.
Too much data! Need help deciding!

Thanks!

I had Opticoat applied by Fresh Start Detail in Beaverton: Fresh Start Detail | Professional Auto Detailing in Beaverton Portland Oregon

They make sure the car is fully paint corrected before applying, so they will have to inspect the car in person before providing a quote. He did a great job with my Model 3 and does a lot of Teslas too. I can't speak on how good Opticoat is compared to others since this is the first time I did any type of permanent paint protection, but it seems to work as advertised. After I wash the car, I might apply a quick detail spray and the car looks like it was fully detailed again.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
I had mine done by: Autowerx Detailing
They did a fantastic job.
They're actually down in Newburg, which is a decent drive, but they offer loaner vehicles while they're working on yours. That was a big selling point. Additionally, they were hired by Tesla themselves to do new car prep back in Q4'18 when cars were flooding in. I called them prior to taking delivery and they were actually able to find my specific car and get some pre-work done before it went to TCT Wraps (also did great work) prior to the coating.

Here's some info about their CQuartz Pro service:
Ceramic Treatment: Signature New Car Prep
Technician: Nicholas Scafidi
Service Location: Autowerx HQ | Bay 1
Duration: 4 days
End date: Friday, October 19, 2018
Total price: $459

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-30_15-26-35.png
    upload_2019-4-30_15-26-35.png
    16 KB · Views: 209
Thanks, guys for the info! I'm now booked for an Opti-Coat Pro Plus appointment with Fresh Start. It's great they have loaner vehicles as well, so I don't have to Uber around for a couple of days.
ChrisPDX, how long have you had it? What are you using to clean/detail now you have the coating?

Appreciate the info.

ChrisPDX, how long have you had it? What are you using to clean/detail now you have the coating?

I got it done in March of last year (I was their first or second Model 3 they worked on). To clean the car, I just do as before. I either use standard car wash soap with the two bucket method, or use Optimum No Rinse. After that, the car shines pretty much like it was just waxed. Water beads and everything. I might spray on a quick detailer for an extra shine. I haven't noticed any degradation of the coating yet either.

Quick update, I got the M3 back yesterday from being Opti-Coated and it looks pretty dang good. And I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but it seems to look a lot better today. Now it looks like what I was hoping for.
Anyway, pretty happy with the results (visually). I'm keeping it hidden away in the garage for the next week since they said it's curing and somewhat vulnerable for 7 days or so. I hope it's all that the detail shops say it'll be.

• Love
Reactions: JasontheBeaver