Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Ceramic Coating (nr San Francisco)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear folks,

I'm the very happy owner of a new Tesla Model X and I'm looking to get the paint ceramic-coated. I live in Daly City, California (just outside of San Francisco) and my go to place for bodywork — Precision Body — no longer offers the service.

There's another place close to me, Elite Auto Detailing (DETAIL PACKAGES_091817 – Elite Auto Detailing Bay Area) that does, and they've got good Yelp reviews, but their price seems too good to be true — $335 for what they call their "opti-coat package."

Does anyone here know anything about this place? If not... if I go in for an estimate for "a free evaluation and demonstration" what should I be asking about and what should I be on the lookout for?

Thanks for any advice you all can give me.

- pax \ Ctein
[ Please excuse any word-salad. Dragon Dictate in training! ]
======================================
-- Ctein's Online Gallery. Ctein's Online Gallery
-- Digital Restorations. Photos Restored Digitally by Ctein
======================================

Stealth Labs in Belmont. Heard a ton of great things and stopped by the other day to check it out. We’re taking our X there after we take delivery. They do chrome deletes and other custom work. They work with the shop next door to do ceramic.

Dear S,

Thanks-- I will check them out. Do you have any idea, yet, what they charge?

When do you hope to take delivery?

I look forward to reading your report on their service.

pax / Ctein

I was only interested in a full chrome delete with colored accents, which they quoted me 1200. Also looking to paint my calipers, which they quoted 550. I think he may have mentioned that the base level of ceramic pro was 500, but I’m not positive.