Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Chicago Area Body Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are several older threads that discuss O'Hare and Gold Coast, but the sites listed on Tesla's website appear to offer a lot more options - the most favored being Ultimate Paint Shop in Highland Park. I always take on-line reviews with a grain of salt, but who has used Ultimate Paint Shop?

I backed into a Prius very late last night and sustained a good amount of damage to my bumper cover, etc. Very low speed. Fortunately (unfortunately!?), there was no significant damage to the Prius and the guy, thankfully, said not to worry about it.

Here are some pictures. Would love your recommendations.
IMG_20180404_212546.jpg
IMG_20180404_212536.jpg
IMG_20180404_212520.jpg

Reactions: DC Autocraft
There are several older threads that discuss O'Hare and Gold Coast, but the sites listed on Tesla's website appear to offer a lot more options - the most favored being Ultimate Paint Shop in Highland Park. I always take on-line reviews with a grain of salt, but who has used Ultimate Paint Shop?

I backed into a Prius very late last night and sustained a good amount of damage to my bumper cover, etc. Very low speed. Fortunately (unfortunately!?), there was no significant damage to the Prius and the guy, thankfully, said not to worry about it.

Here are some pictures. Would love your recommendations.View attachment 291970 View attachment 291969 View attachment 291968
Kevin,

Sorry about the damage to your Model S. I did something similar a little over a year ago to the front end. Had to have my Model S trailered from Michigan to The Ultimate Paint Shop....they were excellent. The work and communication was excellent -important to me as I was managing this from a State away. They worked with my insurance and got parts from Tesla quickly. Repairs were top notch. I worked with Andy Cyzon and would highly recommend him and the shop.

I've heard good things about Ultimate Paint Shop II however I ended up taking my S to Gold Coast since I'm in Chicago proper and didn't want to make the drive to HP with a busted car in winter. If you decide to go there, talk to Carlos Lara; he's their Tesla and he's amazing.

Reactions: DC Autocraft
I went to Gold Coast first for an estimate. The basically put everything back together and with the exception of a dimple and paint loss near the passenger side, it's hard to notice. Now I have to decide if repairing it at the cost of $1800 is worth it. I will probably head to Ultimate Paint to get an estimate on the cosmetic work.