Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Recommendations for New Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SunTek

Former Vendor
Mar 18, 2019
St Louis
Experienced Tesla owners, share what you know. Help steer new owners – your fellow TMC members – in the right direction.

How do you make the most of that first electrifying month with a brand new Tesla?

I’ve never done PPF on a car before. Thinking of doing it if we end up getting the Model X. I assume even though these things have multi-year warranties, fender benders or dents would require removal and re-wrapping?
yes, re-wrapping with new PPF, not necessarily the one that came off of it. Assuming you are repairing a dent. I've seen dents with PPF that didn't need anything done, but this is just my observation. I'm certainly no expert on this topic.

Reactions: TKGA
This thread is BS. Vendor asks what's your favorite mod, not mentioning their product, and a user responds with their product? At least be honest. Silicon Desert, are you the same person as user Suntek, or a paid employee? Mods, is their IP address the same? Do you permit a user to have 2 separate accounts?

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
This thread is BS. Vendor asks what's your favorite mod, not mentioning their product, and a user responds with their product? At least be honest. Silicon Desert, are you the same person as user Suntek, or a paid employee? Mods, is their IP address the same? Do you permit a user to have 2 separate accounts?
Gee, why are you so suspicious? Of course I am not SunTech and not even remotely connected. And sure, the moderators will know this for sure. I think a lot of people on here know this. How about being less suspicious, negative and accusing without facts to back it up. ;) I don't get what is wrong with some folks these days..... assuming things are dishonest or false. If I am curious about something that looks unusual, I just ask the question. I don't accuse them :)

edit: while I am on the subject. I am not specifically endorsing SunTech. I just saw that OPs posting. I do however endorse getting some sort of PPF material on the car. It seems from other postings that people are happy with various brands. I just went with the one that the installer in Sacramento suggested to me and I really like it. So in summary. I am a fan of the protective layer based on my 3 years and 30,000 miles of driving with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SunTek
Silicon Desert has 926 posts since 2018. Did you check that out before feeding your paranoia?

Also when I posted my own question I’m well aware the thread is marked “VENDOR”. I’m fact I expect the vendor to be on this thread.

To that end - for someone who represents the vendor - for my first PPF I’m seeing mostly XPEL and 3M. Why should I choose SunTek over those brands?

Silicon Desert has 926 posts since 2018. Did you check that out before feeding your paranoia?
Also when I posted my own question I’m well aware the thread is marked “VENDOR”. I’m fact I expect the vendor to be on this thread.
To that end - for someone who represents the vendor - for my first PPF I’m seeing mostly XPEL and 3M. Why should I choose SunTek over those brands?

Appreciate the notice. I agree that when I first considered PPF, I was looking at either XPEL or 3M. I think they are probably most popular. I got a better price and a longer warranty with the particular detail shop I used and they been in business a long time, so that was my motivation. Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these popular brands.

I’ve never done PPF on a car before. Thinking of doing it if we end up getting the Model X. I assume even though these things have multi-year warranties, fender benders or dents would require removal and re-wrapping?

That's a great question, a dent can be pulled through PPF in some instances but yes most PDR will ask for you to remove the PPF or at least advise you that the PDR could damage the film.

Last edited:

The only person representing SunTek on here is this account, it's our goal to generate and be involved in general conversation with Tesla owners and not always be throwing out a sales pitch.

We're a global manufacturer of our own window film and paint protection film products - that speaks volumes for our industry knowledge, quality control, innovative capabilities and in the end for you - price as we do not use middle men or distributors in the US. We have a proven track record in the PPF industry since our first product - PPF C - launched over 8 years ago.

We focus solely in the performance films industry - window film, PPF, architectural, and safety film are our specialty. We've also expanded into making our own urethane - an announcement we made last fall.

We've been active introducing innovative products including the first in the industry with 72" wide PPF Jan 1, a new thicker higher impact resistant PPF last month and we just announced an investment into 3D scanning technology to bolster our growing software and pattern platform.

Last edited: