Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for replacement tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because Sotto 3s are available only in limited sizes.
Had a bugger of a job finding them for my BMW - but glad I did as they are a HUGE improvement over the 2s!

You should be able to find Sotto 3s in 245/45 18" easily, and these will be well within tolerance for the M3 wheels, so you may be better off ordering alloys & tyres from mytyres.co.uk, but do check with your insurer that they have no issues with the slight change in size from standard.

Reactions: OneTinyFish
I've noticed that Tesla sell the Pirelli Sottozero >2< in a wheel+tyre 'winter' kit. Is there any reason why this might not be the Sottozero 3's?

Tesla were supplying Sottozero 3's last year for their 18" winter sets. It may well be the case this year too.

upload_2020-12-18_13-7-15.png

I'll be interested to know what you paid and how they sound, any noticable difference from the factory fit foam noise suppress tyres? I'm at 19,000 miles on the OEM tyres and they are getting close to the wear markers now.

I tell a lie, it was this review that swayed me.

2020 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - Tyre Tests and Reviews @ Tyre Reviews

With regard to noise, I don’t think there are all season OEM (with the foam) available for the uk? Could be wrong. There’s a screen grab below of the interior noise level comparisons, the reference summer is the Goodyear efficient grip performance 2. They seem decent enough based on the test.

I paid £155 each, paying for fitting separately.

72F9F0FB-3862-4A83-8608-4A4E04897080.png

• Informative
Reactions: mpandrew
Just had my Goodyear vector four seasons gen 3s fitted. Haven’t had chance to really assess them as yet, but not noticed anything adverse. I did notice that there was foam on the summer OEM tyres...just thought I’d doubly confirm that if no one had changed their tyres on a refresh LR as yet :) The strip of foam is quite narrow, so I can’t imagine it making too much difference, probably more to stop the tyre becoming an echo chamber possibly. I’ll update after I have a few more miles under the new tyres :)