Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Tesla-savvy auto electricians

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to get a Blackvue 650 setup (front and rear camera) and some other custom electrics done on my Model S.

Very few auto electricians I've tried appear to gate much experience with Teslas when I question them.

got anyone you'd recommend? :)

thanks, Mike

Want to get a Blackvue 650 setup (front and rear camera) and some other custom electrics done on my Model S.

Very few auto electricians I've tried appear to gate much experience with Teslas when I question them.

got anyone you'd recommend? :)

thanks, Mike
Benchmark Motors of Bellevue did mine. They are familiar with the Model S and do good work. Justin is the sales guy I've talked to. They had also done radar and satellite radio on my Mercedes some years ago. Top quality, not cheap.

No recommendations Mike. I have heard that modifying your TMS in this way voids warranty. Anyone here able to confirm or refute that? I'd like a dashcam as well but have been hesitant.

its doesn't entirely void the warranty. BUT they have to tap into the power so if something go haywire in that area hat particular area is voided. Which can be a lot of things like the entire dash etc.

Thanks all so far. There's actually a switched power feed for customer accessories to right of front floor tray. There's a TM doc floating here somewhere on it. In terms of tapping into wrong wire, that's my concern.. I've heard stories of wiring loom replacement due to poor installation and that worries me...