TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Recommendations for Tint and/or Opticoat in MD north of the DC beltway

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by scottreds2k, Jul 21, 2015.

1. scottreds2k

scottreds2k Member

Anyone have experience with any installers between Rockville / Silver Spring and north Baltimore? I'm hoping to not have to drive an hour into NoVA to drop off my 85D and then again to pick it up.

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

On my previous car I used Winners Window Tint in Rockville, MD, and they did a great job. This time I used someone closer.

This is their price quote, in case you're interested:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=#500050]We carry [/COLOR][COLOR=#500050][COLOR=#ff0000]SolarGard Films [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#500050]in the following percentages:[/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]75%,60%,50%, 45% 40%, 35%,30%, 20%, 12%, and 5%.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]We carry 3M Auto Films in the following percentages: 70%, 60%, 50%, 40%, 35%, 20%[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]The legal limit in Maryland, the limit is 35% net on for the whole vehicle.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]The price to tint passenger cars:[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $189 for our Solar Gard HP Smoke Metalized film (5 year warranty) [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $239 for our Solar Gard Galaxie Non-Reflective, color-stable film (National, Lifetime warranty)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]*  $319 for our Solar Gard Ceramic UP Performance, High heat rejection  with high VLT film (GPS Signal Enabling, Lifetime, National warranty) [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $319 for our 3M Color Stable Film, [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Non-Reflective, color-stable film (National, Lifetime warranty)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $649 for our 3M Crystalline Film, [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]High heat rejection with high VLT film (GPS Signal Enabling, Lifetime, National warranty)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* The price to tint with Anti-Burglar film is $900.  We use the 3M Crystalline Security Film.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Add a sunstrip for $25 or full front windshield for $79-$249 [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]All of the films block [B]99.9% of the UVA and UVB rays[/B].  The latter two films do a better job with [B]heat rejection[/B] and [B]glare reduction[/B].[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]The tint process takes 90 minutes.  We are by appointment, open Tuesdays - Fridays from 9:30 am to 6pm, and Saturdays from 8am to 4pm.  You are welcome to wait for it ( we have a waiting area, TV, & Wifi) or drop it off (drop offs can come in as early as 8am Mon-Sat).[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Clearbra  prices are $400 for half a kit (bumper or hood), and $800 for a full  kit (bumper and hood and mirrors and sidewalls). Paint protection takes 4  hours to complete.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Become a fan of ours on [/COLOR][URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/Winners-Window-Tint/39178587548"][B][COLOR=blue][U]Facebook[/U][/COLOR][/B][/URL][COLOR=black] and get a $20 discount on our services over $150! [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Bring in two cars for a 10% discount off both cars![/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

3. Jeffrey Chen

Jeffrey Chen Member

When I first got my P85, I did the research on where to get tinted windows on my Tesla. and I remember someone mention about Absolute Perfection on this forum. So I got LLumar FormulaOne PINNACLE Series tinted windows on my P85 at Absolute Perfection (5397 Enterprise Street, Sykesville, MD 21784 Tel: 41049-4285 ). As I know, they have done the tinted windows for many Tesla and also did a great job on mine.

4. bonnie6

bonnie6 New Member

Try Capitol Shine they have locations in DC and Bethesda and I believe charging stations at the locations Www.capitolshine.com

5. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

I used Absolute Perfection - they did my white Model S.

6. DirectConnection

I realize that this is an old thread, but for anyone currently looking for Opticoat / Xpel coatings in the MD/DC area, I had Rob from Proform Auto (Home - Proform Auto) in Ellicott City apply Opticoat and a partial Xpel wrap and was very happy with the results. He has quite a bit of experience with Teslas.