Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Tint and/or Opticoat in MD north of the DC beltway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my previous car I used Winners Window Tint in Rockville, MD, and they did a great job. This time I used someone closer.

This is their price quote, in case you're interested:
Code:
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=#500050]We carry [/COLOR][COLOR=#500050][COLOR=#ff0000]SolarGard Films [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#500050]in the following percentages:[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]75%,60%,50%, 45% 40%, 35%,30%, 20%, 12%, and 5%.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]We carry 3M Auto Films in the following percentages: 70%, 60%, 50%, 40%, 35%, 20%[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]The legal limit in Maryland, the limit is 35% net on for the whole vehicle.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]The price to tint passenger cars:[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $189 for our Solar Gard HP Smoke Metalized film (5 year warranty) [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $239 for our Solar Gard Galaxie Non-Reflective, color-stable film (National, Lifetime warranty)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]*  $319 for our Solar Gard Ceramic UP Performance, High heat rejection  with high VLT film (GPS Signal Enabling, Lifetime, National warranty) [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $319 for our 3M Color Stable Film, [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Non-Reflective, color-stable film (National, Lifetime warranty)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* $649 for our 3M Crystalline Film, [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]High heat rejection with high VLT film (GPS Signal Enabling, Lifetime, National warranty)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]* The price to tint with Anti-Burglar film is $900.  We use the 3M Crystalline Security Film.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Add a sunstrip for $25 or full front windshield for $79-$249 [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]All of the films block [B]99.9% of the UVA and UVB rays[/B].  The latter two films do a better job with [B]heat rejection[/B] and [B]glare reduction[/B].[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]The tint process takes 90 minutes.  We are by appointment, open Tuesdays - Fridays from 9:30 am to 6pm, and Saturdays from 8am to 4pm.  You are welcome to wait for it ( we have a waiting area, TV, & Wifi) or drop it off (drop offs can come in as early as 8am Mon-Sat).[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Clearbra  prices are $400 for half a kit (bumper or hood), and $800 for a full  kit (bumper and hood and mirrors and sidewalls). Paint protection takes 4  hours to complete.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Become a fan of ours on [/COLOR][URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/Winners-Window-Tint/39178587548"][B][COLOR=blue][U]Facebook[/U][/COLOR][/B][/URL][COLOR=black] and get a $20 discount on our services over $150! [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT=Helvetica Neue][COLOR=black]Bring in two cars for a 10% discount off both cars![/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

When I first got my P85, I did the research on where to get tinted windows on my Tesla. and I remember someone mention about Absolute Perfection on this forum. So I got LLumar FormulaOne PINNACLE Series tinted windows on my P85 at Absolute Perfection (5397 Enterprise Street, Sykesville, MD 21784 Tel: 41049-4285 ). As I know, they have done the tinted windows for many Tesla and also did a great job on mine.

Anyone have experience with any installers between Rockville / Silver Spring and north Baltimore? I'm hoping to not have to drive an hour into NoVA to drop off my 85D and then again to pick it up.
This an older post. I am looking for recommendations for any type of paint coat (ceramic Pro/Opticoat), all around protection film, and window tint in the Bethesda/Silver Spring/Rockville area. i am willing to go upto Columbia/Ellicott city too. I want the job to be excellent. My model S has solid black paint.

Let's try this again. @scottreds2k where did you get your car coated? I've gotten some eye popping quotes for paint protecting film and ceramic coating my Model 3. On the other hand, I've seen some more reasonable quotes for similar service from Winners Window Tint in Rockville. They get excellent marks for tinting, but I can't find reviews for PPF & ceramic coating.

Let's try this again. @scottreds2k where did you get your car coated? I've gotten some eye popping quotes for paint protecting film and ceramic coating my Model 3. On the other hand, I've seen some more reasonable quotes for similar service from Winners Window Tint in Rockville. They get excellent marks for tinting, but I can't find reviews for PPF & ceramic coating.

I did not get my car coated. I got tint done up in Baltimore. I'd have to do some research to figure out what the name was.

RJ at Speed & Tech Motoring at 1 (703) 565-4508 in Aldie, VA, close to dulles, wrapped my silver 2018 Model S in Xpel Satin Stealth. Tinted windows with Xpel Prime, 45 all around. True professional. Best price and great service.

If you decide to work with him, mention Mitch with the Silver Model S.

• Informative
Reactions: J__T