Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for transporting the MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to need to move my MS across a good part of the country in the next few months (specifically Northwest to Southwest). While I'd like to do a road trip, it may not be possible. With that in mind, does anyone have recommendations for a good car transport service? I'd like to find one that offers an enclosed transport option.

The SC closest to me when I had delivery gave me several excellent pointers when I discussed with them the possibility of hauling vs driving back to Alaska (am still planning to drive). Given my experience, I definitely suggest talking with your SC your situation, so that they can tell you what to have a hauler do and not do.

The SC closest to me when I had delivery gave me several excellent pointers when I discussed with them the possibility of hauling vs driving back to Alaska (am still planning to drive).
By the way, if you do drive, I would love to hear the story -- please post it here. It doesn't look possible to actually drive the whole route under any circumstances, due to lack of charging in northern BC and the Yukon. So you're thinking ferry, I presume?

To complete a full frontal hijack of this poor thread....

I absolutely intend to create a blog and thread about the trip! And no, we do not plan to take the ferry. That would mean getting on in Bellingham WA (yawn) and off either in Haines AK (still 625 miles, mostly through the Yukon Territory), or in Anchorage, (still 310 miles). See Google Maps

No, it is 3,550 miles of driving - without hitting up SuperChargers; closer to 4,200 miles with them. The trick, Neroden, is to realize that that route - the Alaskan Highway (most often called "The Al-Can") through northern Canada remains The Trip Of A Lifetime for so many RVers that even today there are a significant number of RV sites - thus charge sites - along the road.

Outside of winter, when most of them are shuttered.

And when we will NOT be going!

So our blog will begin in April or so. Stay tuned!

/hijack

To complete a full frontal hijack of this poor thread....

I absolutely intend to create a blog and thread about the trip
Thanks.

No, it is 3,550 miles of driving - without hitting up SuperChargers; closer to 4,200 miles with them. The trick, Neroden, is to realize that that route - the Alaskan Highway (most often called "The Al-Can") through northern Canada remains The Trip Of A Lifetime for so many RVers that even today there are a significant number of RV sites - thus charge sites - along the road.
Aha! That's going to be one long drive -- looks like it will take at least two weeks?

I'm going to need to move my MS across a good part of the country in the next few months (specifically Northwest to Southwest). While I'd like to do a road trip, it may not be possible. With that in mind, does anyone have recommendations for a good car transport service? I'd like to find one that offers an enclosed transport option.

Check out Plycar auto transport.

The owner of Plycar owns a Model S.