Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for window tinting shop in Los Angeles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s mine.
B5308B05-DEF2-4F41-AFB6-3763E1D03106.jpeg
35% sides, 20% rear window Xpel XR

Just had a great experience at Sunshield in Sherman Oaks. They installed Xpel Prime XR Plus 55% on all my windows except for the windshield. I watched them install the rear window tint in one piece. It was a work of art to see the guy lay down on his back. It reminded me of Michaelangelo working on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. They are very professional and I am super happy with the results. I give them my highest of recommendations.

Do you happen to have pictures of the 55%? That's what I'm looking to get too and was curious how it looks.

Also, here is a video from a YouTuber I respect. He acknowledges his video was sponsored by Xpel, but it still gives good info. More specifically he talks about why he chose 55% for his Mustang and it shows his Mustang with the 55% tint installed:

That deserves an 8-clap!

I paid $700 out the door. They did not do the windshield nor the piece of glass directly above the driver's head. They tinted all of the side windows and the entire rear window for that price. They said that Tesla advised them not to tint the glass above the drivers head because the tint could make it crack.

A fellow, Bruin! Thanks for this. I called my tint guy, who has done about 4 of my cars in the past said it will be 850 for the XPEL+ Ceramic. I thought that was a bit high but they’ve always done amazing work, so I believed their figure. I called here and they said 550 for the the regular XPEL and 650 for true +. I’m kinda tempted to call my old guy and ask if they can match it.

U
C
L
A
UCLA, fight, fight, fight.

monkey wrench .. :p

any o' you mugs think about doing a DARK strip on the "visor" area of the front windscreen? i already have the front clear ceramic tinted but was thinking about doing that top visor part. looking for some thoughts/random observations on how you think that looks considering the front camera housing and such...

A fellow, Bruin! Thanks for this. I called my tint guy, who has done about 4 of my cars in the past said it will be 850 for the XPEL+ Ceramic. I thought that was a bit high but they’ve always done amazing work, so I believed their figure. I called here and they said 550 for the the regular XPEL and 650 for true +. I’m kinda tempted to call my old guy and ask if they can match it.

U
C
L
A
UCLA, fight, fight, fight.

Whoever does it, just make sure they are an authorized Xpel installer so that you get the warranty.

My two favorites teams are the Bruins and whoever is playing USC ;)

• Informative
Reactions: RedWhite19